Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > How do I set up Virtuoso Schematic Editor IC6.1.4 to pan the view by clicking and dragging the middle mouse button?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How do I set up Virtuoso Schematic Editor IC6.1.4 to pan the view by clicking and dragging the middle mouse button? 

Last post Tue, Mar 18 2014 11:10 PM by Andrew Beckett. 6 replies.
Started by kitmonisit 15 Jan 2013 05:44 PM. Topic has 6 replies and 1467 views
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Jan 15 2013 5:44 PM

How do I set up Virtuoso Schematic Editor IC6.1.4 to pan the view by clicking and dragging the middle mouse button? Reply
    How do I set up Virtuoso Schematic Editor IC6.1.4 to pan the view by clicking and dragging the middle mouse button?
    • Post Points: 35
  • Tue, Jan 15 2013 6:30 PM

• kb how
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, May 6 2011
    • Melaka, Melaka
    • Posts 76
    • Points 1,030
    Re: How do I set up Virtuoso Schematic Editor IC6.1.4 to pan the view by clicking and dragging the middle mouse button? Reply

Hi Kitmonisit,

Are you referring to bindkeys (middle mouse) to pan the view?

-How-
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Jan 15 2013 6:40 PM

Re: How do I set up Virtuoso Schematic Editor IC6.1.4 to pan the view by clicking and dragging the middle mouse button? Reply
    Yes, I'm referring to bindkeys. I can't seem to find any menu item that brings up a preferences window. I think I'll have to set it up via text-based configuration file. How do I do it?
  • Wed, Jan 16 2013 1:43 AM

Options->BindKeys. That said, you'd probably have to write a function to respond properly to clicking and dragging with the middle mouse key. In IC61X you can use shift or ctrl with the mouse wheel to pan left or right or up or down in response to the mouse wheel movements...

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
  • Wed, Jan 16 2013 11:44 AM

• dmay
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Allen, TX
    • Posts 393
    • Points 7,415

How about this:

hiSetBindKey("Schematics" "<DrawThru2>" "let((WIN mySnap) WIN=hiGetCurrentWindow() mySnap=WIN~>segSnapMode WIN~>segSnapMode=\"anyAngle\" hiVectorPan() WIN~>segSnapMode=mySnap)")

It makes sure your segSnapMode is anyAngle and then uses hiVectorPan().

Derek

• Tue, Mar 18 2014 6:34 PM

Where do I write that code? And how do I refer to that in the BindKeys setup window?
  • Tue, Mar 18 2014 11:10 PM

I loved the fact that  you replied a year and 2 months after you were given a solution!

Anyway, put the code that Derek showed into your .cdsinit file. If you do that, there's no need to enter it in the bindkey UI because it will have been defined from SKILL.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by kitmonisit at 15 Jan 2013 05:44 PM. Topic has 6 replies.