Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Constraint Manager SI extraction/input tool

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Constraint Manager SI extraction/input tool 

Last post Thu, Jan 10 2013 2:01 AM by steve. 1 replies.
Started by nyland 09 Jan 2013 03:51 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 442 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jan 9 2013 3:51 PM

• nyland
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 9 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Constraint Manager SI extraction/input tool Reply

Hi All,

Hope I can explain this well enough. Does anyone know of a "tool" that EE's or SI eng's can use to add constraints to a design. I'm thinking of a tool that could parse net names from a schematic or netlist and the EE could group them or attach them to an existing CM ECset or whatever. Something easier to use than the Allegro CM and could be run outside of the Allegro environment. I saw a tool used that would extract net names by sorting or wildcard and the SI Eng could grab them and apply constraints to them. Either previously used/created constraints or create a new constraint. The tool would then create a bunch of files that would be read in with the netlist. Some engineers do the CM input themselves, some give you a piece of paper, some want it on the  schematic, and some are "same as" it worked before type. I've worked with SI engineers that did not want their constraints dink-ed with at all by anyone.

So does anyone know of a tool either 3rd party or Cadence that works this way that is not to complicated?

Thanks

Mike

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jan 10 2013 2:01 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,181
    • Points 19,215
    Re: Constraint Manager SI extraction/input tool Reply

Cadence offer SI tools that are tied to the Constraint Manager. You can select a net in Constraint Manager and RMB - Sigxplorer allowing you to modify the Topology, set rules and using SigWave check the results. These are all license dependent. Talk to the Sales team of Cadence / Channel Partner for more details. Here's a quick overview of some of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6_s-Ek0pOw

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by nyland at 09 Jan 2013 03:51 PM. Topic has 1 replies.