Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > How do I export Spectre simulation results to a CSV file using the command line?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How do I export Spectre simulation results to a CSV file using the command line? 

Last post Mon, Jan 14 2013 5:08 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by kitmonisit 09 Jan 2013 12:17 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 992 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jan 9 2013 12:17 AM

How do I export Spectre simulation results to a CSV file using the command line? Reply

I'm running a Spectre netlist through the Linux shell, e.g. 

$ spectre my_netlist.scs

After running this simulation, I want to access the simulation results database. My questions are:

1. What lines should I add to my Spectre netlist so that the simulation results are automatically exported to a specified CSV file?
    2. What topics in cdnshelp can help me get started with accessing the database using scripts that can be called from the command line?

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jan 14 2013 5:08 AM

Re: How do I export Spectre simulation results to a CSV file using the command line? Reply

Spectre doesn't have a "CSV" output format directly. Of course, you could write a VerilogA model that monitors a node and then writes out the changes to a CSV file.

As for writing scripts, you can either use the Spectre Measurement Description Language (in the MMSIM documentation) or OCEAN (in the IC documentation) which provide a batch way of accessing simulation results and post-processing (MDL normally runs during the simulation). There's also a Spectre Toolbox for Matlab (which is also in the documentation) which allows you to directly read simulation results into Matlab.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by kitmonisit at 09 Jan 2013 12:17 AM. Topic has 1 replies.