Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > How do I make the "Select Padstack Dialog Box Retain it's Setting" ?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How do I make the "Select Padstack Dialog Box Retain it's Setting" ? 

Last post Wed, Jan 9 2013 2:39 AM by steve. 1 replies.
Started by ScottCad 08 Jan 2013 06:54 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 523 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Jan 8 2013 6:54 PM

• ScottCad
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, May 26 2012
    • Roswell, GA
    • Posts 193
    • Points 3,185
    How do I make the "Select Padstack Dialog Box Retain it's Setting" ? Reply

In ver 16.5 is there any way of making the replace padstack dialog box remember that I un-checked Library option and just have the database option checked by default.

The issue I have is this. When I go to replace a via the dialog box prompts me for all padstacks in my library and the database but I only want it to see what's in the database as I have assigned a few global vias for the design. With the dialog box checked by default to display library the list is huge. The dialog box never remembers I "Unchecked" Library so each time I want to replace a via I have the added pleasure of un-checking an additional dialog.

The other thing is and perhaps there is a better way to do it but it seems to me that replacing a via is pretty obtuse in Allegro. The thing is there are just too many steps via the UI. It is not productive out of the box. Certainly a macro could be assigned to handle the bulk of the pain, The odd thing is if you try replace a via or choose a via using the specctra editor it would work as one would expect. You can choose the via you want right there from a simple pop up dialog.

It kind of leads me to the begging question and that is are people mainly using Allegro for place and constraints and using specctra for all the manual routing or inter-active routing instead, would be curious to know.

Thanks Scott.

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jan 9 2013 2:39 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,252
    • Points 20,395
    Re: How do I make the "Select Padstack Dialog Box Retain it's Setting" ? Reply

There is a user preference for single via replace Setup -User Preferences - Interactive which may help. I don't believe there is a setting to uncheck database / library. Raise an enhancement request with Cadence / Channel Partner.

When routing change the Options menu from Alt to WL - then set your working layers then start t route, when you double click you get a pop-up to select the layer you wish to go to but there is also a ... button, press on that to select the via you want as defined in the vialist. This changes the default Act / Alt layer setup to the Working Layer mode that was introduced at 16.3 ish.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by ScottCad at 08 Jan 2013 06:54 PM. Topic has 1 replies.