Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > [ADEXL] Ocean script for output measurement not getting current session

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

[ADEXL] Ocean script for output measurement not getting current session 

Last post Mon, Jan 14 2013 5:05 AM by Andrew Beckett. 5 replies.
Started by Matth83 07 Jan 2013 09:45 AM. Topic has 5 replies and 1394 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:45 AM

• Matth83
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2012
    • Posts 13
    • Points 185
    [ADEXL] Ocean script for output measurement not getting current session Reply

Hello,

I've written an Ocean script that works fine from CIW and ADE L defined as an output: ocnEval("./noise_summary.ocn").

However when trying to plug it in as an "OCEAN script" output in ADEXL, it cannot catch the session axlGetWindowSession() - actually, checking the Job.log, it doesn't even manage to do a hiGetCurrentWindow().
    Giving directly the "usual" session name (e.g. "session0") doesn't work either.

If I do a dummy change to my script (e.g. changing a comment) and come back to ADEXL clicking on the "Re-evaluate results" button, I get my summary for the last corner run... (and of course, "session0" as the session name).
    Is there a way to get the session name so that my script is executed through each corner in ADE XL?

Thanks for your help,
    Kind regards,
    Matthieu

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:52 AM

Re: [ADEXL] Ocean script for output measurement not getting current session Reply
    Hi Matthieu,

Why does your script need the axl session? The idea is that the results should be open by the time that the OCEAN script is run, so it should not need to worry about sessions or even about doing openResults.

Regards,

Andrew
  • Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:18 AM

• Matth83
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 185
    Re: [ADEXL] Ocean script for output measurement not getting current session Reply

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your quick answer!

I'm indeed using openResults(). My script looks like this:

resultDir = openResults()
      V=listToVector(parseString(resultDir "/"))
      sdb = axlGetMainSetupDB(axlGetWindowSession()) ;# session database
      historyname=V[8]      ;# ="Interactive.xxx"
      hist=axlGetHistoryEntry(sdb historyname)
      rdbPath=axlGetHistoryResults(hist)
      rdb=axlReadResDB(rdbPath)    ;# results database
      pt = rdb->point(1)
      corner = cadr(pt->outputs())->cornerName
      test = caadr(axlGetTests(sdb))   ;# should be the same as V[10]
      resultDir_dd = axlGetPointRunDir(hist test ?cornerName corner ?designPointId 1)
      resultDir = strcat(resultDir_dd  "/psf")

So basically, I need the sdb to access the "corner" and "test" informations for my summary, but it's my 1st ocn script with ADEXL... maybe you'd know of a simpler / more straightforward way?

Thanks,
    Kind regards,
    Matthieu

• Wed, Jan 9 2013 12:16 AM

Hi Matthieu,

I don't understand why you need to do any of this - if you didn't do any of those statements, the results would already be open for the specific point already. So you can immediately start doing things like v("/out" ?result 'tran) or VT("/mynode") or whatever.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, Jan 9 2013 2:13 AM

• Matth83
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 185

Hi Andrew,

Actually, my script creates a summary file for each corner. The file name is defined by the corner&test names which I can get only through axlSkill functions (as used in my previous post) that require a session name.
    Is there a way to get the corner and the test names without these functions? (almost all axlSkill functions require the session database handle).

I couldn't get the axlGetCornerNameForCurrentPointInRun() function running (even placed at the beginning of my script).

Kind regards,
    Matthieu

• Mon, Jan 14 2013 5:05 AM

Matthieu,

That works for me - I can do:

sprintf(fileName "./myFile%s_%s.out" axlGetCornerNameForCurrentPointInRun() axlGetTemperatureForCurrentPointInRun())

and then the filename includes both the corner name (if it's a corner, or "" otherwise), and the temperature. You can also access design variables using VAR("varName") (bear in mind that the VAR() will return a float most likely. so you might need to convert to a string.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Matth83 at 07 Jan 2013 09:45 AM. Topic has 5 replies.