Home > Community > Forums > Cadence Academic Network > Help with the circuit rectification

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Help with the circuit rectification 

Last post Thu, Dec 27 2012 2:35 AM by shridatta. 2 replies.
Started by shridatta 21 Dec 2012 12:23 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 672 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Dec 21 2012 12:23 AM

• shridatta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 21 2012
    • Posts 5
    • Points 70
    Help with the circuit rectification Reply
    The circuit is a wireless power transfer for bio micro systems which is implemented with the help of class E amplifier technique, i do facing the trouble of choosing the tranformer, i dont know which kind of transformer to be chosen, i had chosen the XFRM_LINEAR but it does not contain the distance of separation between coils which is important for my work, and also in the receiver section i am facing a serious trouble with the rectification of voltage across the capacitor, i had used the PDIODE/EVALP for building a full wave rectifier but its not giving a proper output, am still having the negative voltage present in the output at the resistor of 300ohms and also the voltage at the capacitor is also getting limited, without the usage of the rectification i am getting a peak-peak voltage of +/- 10.4V at resistor, but the result i need to get is 5V DC voltage after the rectification of the output and it has to charge a capacitor, after many trials i made, i was not able to get it.

Please be of help
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Dec 26 2012 11:07 PM

• alokt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 22 2008
    • Noida, Uttar Pradesh
    • Posts 241
    • Points 3,470
    Re: Help with the circuit rectification Reply
    XFRM_Linear is a good choice to begin with. You can refine rest of circuit with this ideal transformer and then come back and optimize the effect of physical separation. I assume you want this to be air core transformer?About recertification, the pdiode should have worked, instead you may want to try with DBREAK from breakout library. It is difficult to pin point on exact cause of lower voltage, without having a look at actual result. Can you share your circuit design database?
    • Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Dec 27 2012 2:35 AM

• shridatta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 21 2012
    • Posts 5
    • Points 70
    Re: Help with the circuit rectification Reply

thanks a lot for the PDIODE and DBREAK, its working well, i have not understood what do you meant by circcuit design database, can you please elaborate

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by shridatta at 21 Dec 2012 12:23 AM. Topic has 2 replies.