Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Simulations stalling in ADEXL: Can't initialize LBS

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Simulations stalling in ADEXL: Can't initialize LBS 

Last post Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:05 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by srftech 18 Dec 2012 06:59 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 709 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Dec 18 2012 6:59 PM

• srftech
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 30 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Simulations stalling in ADEXL: Can't initialize LBS Reply

So we have installed cadence onto a new system, setup our project and have been able to run sims using ADE just fine.  In setting up ADEXL to run corners and parameter sweeps, we have encountered the following error:

ERROR (ADEXL-1932): Could not initialize LBS using the SKILL command (adpiInitLbs).  Error: lbpsGetComponentHandle: Failure starting command: qstt

Verify that you have initialized your enviroment to use SGE software and that executable can be found using that enviroment.  LBS will not be available for job distribution hiCaughtControlC

I am beginning to read about starting SGE and the associated env setup needed, but I am still novice at CAD administration, so hoping someone else will have an easy solution...sooner than the 24hr it may take me to figure it out. ;)

Thanks!

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:05 AM

Re: Simulations stalling in ADEXL: Can't initialize LBS Reply

I would suggest contacting customer support over this. The likely reason for your problem is that you don't have the SGE software in your path (assuming you actually intended to use SGE) - and so it can't find the qstat command (which is one of the SGE commands).

By the way, I would first ensure that you can submit jobs with SGE from the command line before starting to try to get it working with ADE L/XL.

By the way, it would probably be easier to help if you described what you'd actually done to set this up - i..e what environment variables, precisely what options you'd picked in ADE XL and so on.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by srftech at 18 Dec 2012 06:59 PM. Topic has 1 replies.