Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > PSP analysis for calculating capacitance looking into the drain of the nfet_rf

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

PSP analysis for calculating capacitance looking into the drain of the nfet_rf 

Last post Tue, Dec 18 2012 10:06 AM by Tawna. 3 replies.
Started by Grad Student 18 Dec 2012 09:34 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 1061 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Dec 18 2012 9:34 AM

• Grad Student
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 18 2012
    • Piscataway, NJ
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    PSP analysis for calculating capacitance looking into the drain of the nfet_rf Reply

Hello All,

I am trying to calculate the value of the capacitance looking into the drain of the transistor using Y11 parameters( imaginary part).  The problem I am getting is "  I get a resonant peak" .  I do not understand why? Can anyone help me with the explanation?  The circuit that I am using is a nfet_rf transistor with 870um width with an inductor of 10nH at the drain with Vdd=1.5V and at the gate Vpulse from 0 to 1.5V at 2.4Ghz.

Thank you in advance. 

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Dec 18 2012 9:37 AM

• Tawna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 10 2008
    • Snohomish, WA
    • Posts 212
    • Points 5,625
    RE: PSP analysis for calculating capacitance looking into the drain of the nfet_rf Reply

H Grad Student,

Why are you using psp, rather than sp analysis?

Best regards,
    Tawna 

Best regards, Tawna Wilsey Staff Support AE, Global Customer Support Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
  • Tue, Dec 18 2012 10:02 AM

• Grad Student
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 18 2012
    • Piscataway, NJ
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    Re: RE: PSP analysis for calculating capacitance looking into the drain of the nfet_rf Reply

Because , I want to look at the average capcitance for one period( 0-1.5 V at the input, large signal) at 2.4Ghz. Other thing is that it is quick, I just have to divide the Yii(imaginary ) by 2*pi*f to gett he value for C.

I should get a linear curve w.r.t frequency but instead I am getting a resonance?  

• Tue, Dec 18 2012 10:06 AM

• Tawna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 10 2008
    • Snohomish, WA
    • Posts 212
    • Points 5,625
    RE: RE: PSP analysis for calculating capacitance looking into the drain of the nfet_rf Reply

You may want to file a Service Request with Customer Support.

It’s difficult to say without having a testcase/more information.

Best regards,
    Tawna

Best regards, Tawna Wilsey Staff Support AE, Global Customer Support Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Grad Student at 18 Dec 2012 09:34 AM. Topic has 3 replies.