Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > License issue while using plot command in an ocean script in cadence 6.1.5

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

License issue while using plot command in an ocean script in cadence 6.1.5 

Last post Tue, Dec 18 2012 5:56 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by NRkey99 17 Dec 2012 09:04 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 1464 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Dec 17 2012 9:04 PM

• NRkey99
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 13 2012
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    License issue while using plot command in an ocean script in cadence 6.1.5 Reply
    when I am using plot() command in my ocean script in cadence version 6.1.5 it is checking for ADE_L/ADE_XL license,but when I am using the same command in cadence version 5.1.4, it is showing no such message & is excuting the command. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Dec 18 2012 3:14 AM

Re: License issue while using plot command in an ocean script in cadence 6.1.5 Reply

I don't know which licenses you have, but presumably it is working but just giving some warnings?

If so, adding:

envSetVal("wavescan.application" "VIVALicenseCheckoutOrder" 'string "ADE,VIVA")  ; default is VIVA,ADE
    envSetVal("license" "ADELicenseCheckoutOrder"  'string "GXL,L,XL") ; default is L,XL,GXL

might help. I'm assuming here you have ADE GXL licenses and not the others. The idea is that these control the default order it checks for licenses - and you can tune that to the licenses you actually have. 

Seeing the message you're getting might help me to give a better answer, along with knowledge of what ADE licenses you actually have. 

Regards,

Andrew.

• Tue, Dec 18 2012 5:31 AM

• NRkey99
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 13 2012
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    Re: License issue while using plot command in an ocean script in cadence 6.1.5 Reply

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.

First of all, I don't have any ADE license (I have only Virtuoso_Schematic,111 & Spectre licences).

But my question is how am I able to run this same command in 5.1.4 version ?

Manually I am able to plot all the results (in 6.1.5 version) but it is a big simulation & I need to automate few things, that's why the script.

In 6.1.5 it gives the following warnings when I try to access spectre results through any ocean commands :

ocean> *WARNING* (icLic-3) Could not get license Analog_Design_Environment_L

*WARNING* (icLic-21) License Analog_Design_Environment_L ("95200") is not available to run ADE-L.

Trying to check out the license Analog_Design_Environment_XL ("95210") instead.

*WARNING* (icLic-3) Could not get license Analog_Design_Environment_XL

*WARNING* (icLic-21) License Analog_Design_Environment_XL ("95210") is not available to run ADE-L.

Trying to check out the license Analog_Design_Environment_GXL ("95220") instead.

*WARNING* (icLic-4) Could not get token capability Analog_Design_Environment_GXL

*WARNING* (icLic-22) License Analog_Design_Environment_GXL ("95220") is not available to run ADE-L.

*WARNING* feature Analog_Design_Environment_L: Licensing OK.

*WARNING* (icLic-3) Could not get license Analog_Design_Environment_XL

*WARNING* (icLic-21) License Analog_Design_Environment_XL ("95210") is not available to run ADE-XL.

Trying to check out the license Analog_Design_Environment_GXL ("95220") instead.

*WARNING* (icLic-4) Could not get token capability Analog_Design_Environment_GXL

*WARNING* (icLic-22) License Analog_Design_Environment_GXL ("95220") is not available to run ADE-XL.

*WARNING* feature Analog_Design_Environment_XL: Licensing OK.

*WARNING* (icLic-22) License Analog_Design_Environment_GXL ("95220") is not available to run ADE-GXL.

ERROR (ADE-6015): The  check-out of the Artist simulation environment feature ("Analog_Design_Environment_L") failed. For proper check-out:

[1] Check your license file.

[2] Ask a current user of the feature to exit the Artist simulation environment.

nil

*WARNING* feature Analog_Design_Environment_GXL: 

Any suggestion is hearfully welcome

Regards 

• Tue, Dec 18 2012 5:56 AM

I don't know how you ever got it to work in the past. OCEAN has always required an ADE license - it's essentially part of ADE.

Historically wavescan could be run with just a spectre license (this was mainly intended for MDL mode), but in IC615 ViVA always requires either a ViVA-XL license or an ADE license. So I've no idea how you've managed to plot manually in IC615, let alone how you plotted from OCEAN in IC5141 (maybe you're using a really old IC5141 build that had a loophole in the license checking?)

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by NRkey99 at 17 Dec 2012 09:04 PM. Topic has 3 replies.