Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > adexl and config file

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

adexl and config file 

Last post Sat, Dec 15 2012 5:00 PM by gsciller. 2 replies.
Started by gsciller 14 Dec 2012 04:37 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 504 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Dec 14 2012 4:37 PM

• gsciller
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 20 2012
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    adexl and config file Reply

Hello everyone,

When I am using a config file set to a schematic view, I can see the underlying cells and their respective views which I can change individually to lets say, calibre or spectre.  When I then switch the config top cell view to adexl, I can view the top level cell but not view or change hierarchical cell views. Is there a way to change then underlying cell views when using adexl and a config file. Any suggestions would be appreciated and would greatly improve my efficiency. Thanks.

• Post Points: 20
  • Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:27 AM

Re: adexl and config file Reply

I suspect you've misunderstood something here. Config views are intended as a way of describing the rules by which a design hierarchy is expanded, and are typically consumed by tools that need to expand the hierarchy (such as the netlisters used in ADE L/XL/GXL). So it's reasonable that ADE XL allows you to describe one or more tests where the design is specified as a config - and that will tell it how to expand the hierarchy (which views you want to simulate) for that test.

It makes no sense for a config view to reference an ADE XL view. The ADE XL view is nothing to do with the design hierarchy - so I can't see why you'd ever want to do this. What would you expect to do with the resulting config? If you consumed that resulting config in (say) ADE XL, what would you expect it to do when it encountered an ADE XL view in the config? Especially as the ADE XL view could be describing multiple tests, each with different designs.

So I think you're probably thinking about this back to front. You use the config to describe the hierarchy expansion, and then reference that config from the ADE XL view, not the other way around.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Sat, Dec 15 2012 5:00 PM

• gsciller
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 20 2012
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    Re: adexl and config file Reply
    I see. Thank you for the quick response.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by gsciller at 14 Dec 2012 04:37 PM. Topic has 2 replies.