Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Is there an inverse function in the calculator of cadence ic5141?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Is there an inverse function in the calculator of cadence ic5141? 

Last post Mon, Dec 17 2012 3:21 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by whusteryzh 12 Dec 2012 09:05 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 918 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Dec 12 2012 9:05 AM

• whusteryzh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 12 2012
    • wuhan, Hubei
    • Posts 7
    • Points 140
    Is there an inverse function in the calculator of cadence ic5141? Reply
    Currently I wanna get  inverse function of a wave,but it seems that there is no function to make it with respect to ic5141.By the way,if I can get the x-value and y-value of a wave,how can I plot them out as a inverse function with calculator?
    Fighting!
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Dec 12 2012 1:13 PM

Re: Is there a inverse function in the calculator of cadence ic5141? Reply

You're probably going to have to explain what you mean by "inverse function". Both the AWD calculator and wavescan calculators have 1/x buttons - which to me is the "inverse" ... so presumably you mean something else?

Please explain precisely what you mean.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, Dec 12 2012 7:59 PM

• whusteryzh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 12 2012
    • wuhan, Hubei
    • Posts 7
    • Points 140

Hi Andrew!

Thank you for your attention!

Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly,due to my poor English.what I mean by "inverse function" is  a function that undoes another function. i.e. ,if a function is ƒ, then its inverse function is  ƒ−1  .Further more,if ƒ(x)=y, then x=ƒ−1(y).

Regards,

whusteryzh 

Fighting!
  • Mon, Dec 17 2012 3:21 AM

OK, I understand what the inverse function is from your description, but I don't really see how you could do that from a general waveform. You've got a waveform y, and you could use the xval() function to get hold of the x-values that this came from.

I'm struggling to see how you would know how to get the inverse function in general if you'd done some intermediate function, or why you'd even want to do this? It sounds more like something that would be useful if you were doing symbolic analysis, rather than looking at simulation results.

Even matlab doesn't have a generic inverse function - yes, it has the inverse of a number of operations, and things like matrix inversion, but I'm not sure what a generic inverse function would do. Maybe if I knew what you were actually trying to do with such a function, I might be able to suggest an alternative strategy?

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by whusteryzh at 12 Dec 2012 09:05 AM. Topic has 3 replies.