Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > getting footrint error in orcad 9.2

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

getting footrint error in orcad 9.2 

Last post Thu, Dec 13 2012 5:38 AM by Qaisar Azeemi. 2 replies.
Started by Qaisar Azeemi 10 Dec 2012 09:58 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 856 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:58 PM

• Qaisar Azeemi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 20 2012
    • peshawar, Pakistan
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    getting footrint error in orcad 9.2 Reply

hi;
    i made a simple power supply circuit in orcad9.2 capture cis and after that i assign footprints to the components from existing liabraries and then made its netlist and open it in layout but in layout it give me the following compilation errors for most of the components:

electrical package cap_pol for comp c5 has at least one pin (2).
    which has no corresponding pin on footprint CPLCY/D.275/LS125/.034

I am getting this kind of errors for most of the components used in schemetic. i am new to orcad and want the help of experts.

is it necessary to create my own footprints in layout and assign it to the components used?
    i am now assigning the existing footprints to the components.
    moreover i think it is drawback of orcad that it has no predefined assignment for the components as proteus have.

kindly guide me about that.
    thanking you in anticipation

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Dec 11 2012 4:50 AM

• TH Designs
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 13 2012
    • Warminster, PA
    • Posts 269
    • Points 4,370
    Re: getting footrint error in orcad 9.2 Reply

A lot of the Layout symbols for polarized parts that come in the Orcad supplied libraries use "P" and "N" for the pin "numbers". In the case of diodes they use "A" and "K" for anode and cathode. The schematic symbol has numbers for these pins so when the netlist is loaded Layout can not resolve the connection.

Some parts in the Layout libraries for capacitors and diodes will have _12 as a suffix to the footprint name. Parts like this use pin numbers for the pads. If there is a corresponding footprint with the _12 (or similar) then use that part otherwise you can edit the existing part and change the pin to use a number instead of the letter.

Also keep in mind to watch the polarity. I have come across several Orcad Layout parts that are backwards from the Capture part.

Tom

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Dec 13 2012 5:38 AM

• Qaisar Azeemi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 20 2012
    • peshawar, Pakistan
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    Re: getting footrint error in orcad 9.2 Reply

I have successfully design my pcb on orcad9.2.. please see it in figure below:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?yluiwo5td02vgtq

now i have a few problems:
    1)I want to print the bottom and SSTOP layers sepretely on white A4 size pages. but the printer is printing exectly the same image as shown in figure above.

2) Secondly my software is showing only 6 layers, 0,1,2,21,25 & 26 as shown in the figure below :

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?qpberm8tatm41dj

how to make other layers visible. after making other layers visible i want to deactivate ASYTOP layer. secondly for what purpose ASYTOP layer is used for? can i get any link about usage of all layers in a multilayer pcb?

3) thirdly if you see the bottom edge of the board in the pic; you will see it overlapping with Drill Chart. how i move my whole board up to avoid the overlap?

4) if i want to make a garber file. how many layers will it take to print on pcb? all active layers or only bottom copper, sstop, and drilling layers info? and after making garber file how do i come to know about the correctness of the file and number of layers it decode to process??

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Qaisar Azeemi at 10 Dec 2012 09:58 PM. Topic has 2 replies.