Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Number of fingers differ between schematic and layout

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Number of fingers differ between schematic and layout 

Last post Fri, Nov 23 2012 6:14 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by asta51 23 Nov 2012 05:33 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 455 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 5:33 AM

• asta51
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 12 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    Number of fingers differ between schematic and layout Reply

I am using IC 6.1.5 and I have views of standard cells (schematic and layout) which are not passing LVS (Calibre).

The issue is that in layout I have MOS with a certain number of fingers whereas the schematic have just one finger with the total width.

Example:

Layout:       M0 w=0.42u num_finger=2

Schematic: M0 w=0.84u num_finger=1

For finger checking purpose, I want to update the schematics to match the layout. Is there a way to do that automatically for a whole library?

Thanks,

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 6:14 AM

Re: Number of fingers differ between schematic and layout Reply

You'd probably have to write some SKILL code to do this. You'd probably also need to ensure that the CDF callbacks were called after making the changes (see solution 11018344 ).

For a single schematic, if it was done using layout XL, you could do Connectivity->Update->Schematic Parameters - this would transfer the parameters from the layout devices back to the schematic. However, my guess is that has not been done here as otherwise you'd have spotted the problem before LVS.

Often LVS rules can be set up to compare the total width, but whether you want to do that or not is up to you.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by asta51 at 23 Nov 2012 05:33 AM. Topic has 1 replies.