Home > Community > Forums > Logic Design > Mapping

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Mapping 

Last post Thu, Feb 2 2006 12:16 PM by archive. 1 replies.
Started by archive 02 Feb 2006 12:16 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1027 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Feb 2 2006 12:16 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    Mapping Reply

Hi All,

I am new to using Conformal. Is there a way to do a one-many mapping. I saved the current mapping and observed the map file and everything is 1-1 mapping. I tried to manualy edit the map file for 1-many but had errors in reading then. Is there a solution.

Also, I used the LTX in conformal custom to extract verilog code from transistor level netlist. Do you know a way to see that code (or save it).

Thanks
    Micro

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by micro
    • Post Points: 0
  • Sat, Feb 4 2006 7:38 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Mapping Reply

Hi Micro,

Mapping
    =======
    Technically, mapping is always 1 to 1! One DFF from golden can only map to One DFF on the revised. I am going to make two assumptions of what could be going on your design based on the question.

#1:Unfolded DLAT's in the revised:
    You will need to use the command
    SETUP> set flatten model -latch_fold
    which will fold the master & slave latches in your design to DFF. This way the mapping happens cleanly

#2:Cloned Registers:
    If you have multiple DFF's in the gate-level that need to match to a single DFF in the golden, then it is a case of register cloning. For such cases you need to specify all your multiple cloned registers, DFF's are equivalent, with the command
    SETUP> add instance equivalent . . -revised This specifies DFF1, DFF2, DFF3 are all equivalent or cloned in the gate-level design. Therefore all three flops will automatically map to 1 DFF in the golden and hence achieving your "1-to-many" mapping scenario.

LTX Question:
    =============
    Once you have abstracted your transistor/spice level design, you can write out the resulting verilog with
    SETUP> write design -verilog

Since I made some assumptions earlier, I will ask you contact sourcelink as they have experts who can debug the issues for you directly.

Best Regards
    Masood

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by makkarm
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 02 Feb 2006 12:16 PM. Topic has 1 replies.