Home > Community > Forums > Logic Design > Question about Hierarchical Comparison Flow

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Question about Hierarchical Comparison Flow 

Last post Wed, Nov 30 2005 7:06 AM by archive. 1 replies.
Started by archive 30 Nov 2005 07:06 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1512 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Nov 30 2005 7:06 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    Question about Hierarchical Comparison Flow Reply

Hi, all.

The problem is:
    I attempted to use command
    WRIte HIer_compare Dofile
    for comparison of two hierarchical
    designs: rtl and back annotation rtl after synthesis the first one (hierarchy was keeped).
    Conformal wrote out a hierarchical dofile script but without starting from the lower level module of hierarchy and progressing to the top root module.
    Given script verifies only the two top modules of hierarchical designs.
    And several warnings appears at running this script, so as:
    // Warning: Child module 'sub_module_name' used in Golden module 'top_module_name' 2 times, but in Revised module 'sub_module_name' 1 times (non-balanced). Skip 'sub_module_name'

And after that appears in Conformal konsole:
    "? modules are not output for hierarchical compare due to non-balanced instantiations"
    "1 modules are output for hierarchical compare"
    And this module is the top.

But I know that the hierarchies are equal
    and built, but the names of several corresponding instantiations slightly differs (for example sub_module_name for Golden and sub_module_name_1 for Revised)

And this module is the top.

So my question is:
    How compare two hierarchical designs by matching their instance-names, but not modules? Or what have I do if their names slightly differs? How can I balance instantiations?
    Please give me an advise.

Thanks.

With best regards, Valery Kartashev.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by valour
    • Post Points: 0
  • Wed, Dec 7 2005 12:23 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Question about Hierarchical Comparison Flow Reply

Hi Valery,

When LEC runs hierarchical compare, it needs to be able to match the modules by name. So for this case, you need to use "add renaming rule" for the modules. For example: add re r mod1 "%s_1" "@1" -module -revised
    This wil rename the revised module name from sub_module_name_1 to sub_module_name to match the module name on the golden side. Lastly, if there is uniquification done on the gate netlist, you need to reflect this in LEC. The command is "uniquify -all"
    If the module name on the revised side is due to uniquification, then just use "uniquify -all" first before doing "write hier dofile". If the module names were changed by synthesis, then you need to use the add renaming rule.
    So give these two options a try and see if the write hier dofile will resolve the unbalanced instantiations.

Regards,
    Yong Kim

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by yonghk
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 30 Nov 2005 07:06 AM. Topic has 1 replies.