Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Monte Carlo Analysis with process corners, temperature and variables

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Monte Carlo Analysis with process corners, temperature and variables 

Last post Mon, Oct 29 2012 12:48 AM by Abhishek D. 2 replies.
Started by Abhishek D 26 Oct 2012 01:52 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 1372 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Oct 26 2012 1:52 AM

• Abhishek D
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 26 2012
    • Bangalore, Karnataka
    • Posts 14
    • Points 220
    Monte Carlo Analysis with process corners, temperature and variables Reply

Hi All,

This is my first post and I guess I am posting in the right forum. Please advise if I am wrong.

Actually I am using 6.1 version of cadence and I want to run a monte carlo analysis with different temperature and variables. As MC using ADE XL can take only one value variable for the simulation. Is there any other way of doing this thing?

Can I write ocean script to run it? I can write ocean for other analysis( dc ,tran etc) ? If possible can anybody share the snippet and where it should be used in script along with other analysis.

Best Regards

Abhishek Dwivedi

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Oct 26 2012 9:27 AM

Re: Monte Carlo Analysis with process corners, temperature and variables Reply

Abhishek,

You can set up sweeps within a corner, and Monte Carlo allows you to use Corners in IC61X. Simply add the variable into a corner, and set the value to (say) 0.5:0.1:2.5 (this will sweep from 0.5 to 2.5 in 0.1 steps - there's a GUI to do more complex sweeps).

You can also write out your ADE XL setup to an OCEAN XL script - but the key to do the sweep is to set it up within a corner.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Oct 29 2012 12:48 AM

• Abhishek D
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 26 2012
    • Bangalore, Karnataka
    • Posts 14
    • Points 220
    Re: Monte Carlo Analysis with process corners, temperature and variables Reply

Hi Andrew,

I did what you said and it worked. Now I can run variable sweep with Monte Carlo.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Abhishek

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Abhishek D at 26 Oct 2012 01:52 AM. Topic has 2 replies.