Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > What is the setup in .cdsplotinit to create waveform window to *.png?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

What is the setup in .cdsplotinit to create waveform window to *.png? 

Last post Tue, Dec 4 2012 2:34 AM by Andrew Beckett. 7 replies.
Started by Reinice 25 Sep 2012 10:57 PM. Topic has 7 replies and 2249 views
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Sep 25 2012 10:57 PM

• Reinice
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 26 2012
    • Posts 59
    • Points 915
    What is the setup in .cdsplotinit to create waveform window to *.png? Reply
    Hi All,

I used
    hardCopyOptions(?hcOutputFile "myGraph.png")

hardCopy()

to create waveform window to *.png but I' am having an error telling that I need a .cdsplotinit. I don't know how to setup .cdsplotinit for this and I don't know where to find .cdsplotinit.

Can anyone please help. Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Reinice
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Sep 26 2012 1:37 AM

Re: What is the setup in .cdsplotinit to create waveform window to *.png? Reply

Reinice,

Unfortunately it's a historical thing - there's a CCR to address the need for a .cdsplotinit (it shouldn't be needed in this case because you're not using it).

It's covered in the plotting documentation, but the simplest thing is to create a ~/.cdsplotinit with the following contents:

Encapsulated PostScript|Encapsulated PostScript: \
            :manufacturer=Adobe: \
            :type=epsf: \
            :resolution#300: \
            :maximumPages#1: \
            :paperSize="5x5 inches" 1500 1500: \
            :paperSize="8x8 inches" 2400 2400: \
            :paperSize="Unlimited" 72000 72000:

This is primarily intended for printing from schematics and layout - this entry just defines a "printer" for outputting EPS.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, Sep 26 2012 2:01 AM

• Reinice
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Posts 59
    • Points 915

Hi Andrew,

Can you site me some example on how to setup .cdsplotinit to save waveform window to a *.png?

Actually my target is to save the window waveform in *.png or *.jpg file just like doing File>save image in ViVA. But in my case I want to do this in SKILL.

Thanks and Regards,

Reinice

• Wed, Sep 26 2012 2:10 AM

Reinice,

You do not need to put anything specific in the .cdsplotinit to save to png or jpg. You just have to have a .cdsplotinit existing - as I said, this is a rather odd need, but it's because the OCEAN interface to producing an image is performed via the printing API - even though it doesn't actually using the printing capability within ViVA at all.

We are considering separating the API to save images from the hardCopy() function - the problem is that we're overloading both printing and saving of images into a single API, which over-complicates things. This is a historical decision, but with the increased flexibility we have in IC615 for saving images, it is making less sense now.

So, if you use the .cdsplotinit I provided above - or indeed any .cdsplotinit - you will be able to save images in any format using the SKILL API.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, Sep 26 2012 6:01 PM

• Reinice
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Posts 59
    • Points 915

Hi Andrew,

It's working now! Thanks a lot. But I notice that it only saves the active subwindow and not all subwindow in a current window. Is there function to save all subwindow? Also is there a setup to make it's background to white? To minimize the use of disk space.

Thanks and Regards,

Reinice

• Fri, Nov 30 2012 5:54 AM

Reinice,

You might find this solution useful.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Mon, Dec 3 2012 4:29 PM

• Reinice
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Posts 59
    • Points 915

Hi Andrew,

I' am having some problem in accessing the link.

Thanks and Regards,

Reinice

• Tue, Dec 4 2012 2:34 AM

Reinice,

Do you have a support.cadence.com account? If so, the link should work. If you're from a customer on maintenance, you can get one using your  license server hostid - otherwise if with a University, I believe that Europractice provides a mechanism for getting readonly accounts (no service request creation), and for other parts of the world I believe you can also have a support login (via whoever is responsible for the Cadence tools at your university).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Reinice at 25 Sep 2012 10:57 PM. Topic has 7 replies.