Home > Community > Forums > IC Packaging and SiP Design > merge two mcm file together

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

merge two mcm file together 

Last post Tue, Oct 9 2012 8:07 PM by Tyler. 1 replies.
Started by design58 22 Sep 2012 11:01 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 5805 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, Sep 22 2012 11:01 PM

• design58
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 20 2010
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85
    merge two mcm file together Reply

I have another question, please help.

I have a company template that I setup with layers, view, logo, notes and title block ready to use. But I have a customer just sent me a whole complete design. I need to insert this design into my template. I've never done this before. Can someone help show me how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Oct 9 2012 8:07 PM

• Tyler
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Tempe, AZ
    • Posts 33
    • Points 480
    Re: merge two mcm file together Reply

If your customer has sent you the completed design, I assume you don't actually want to use the layers in your template (as they may not match the layers in the customer-supplied design). So, is it safe to assume that, really, you only want to copy over the view, logo, notes, and title block across?

Should that be the case, I don't see why you could not use either the Tools -> Create Module command to create a reusable module of those items from your template and then place the module into the customer design. This would have the advantage of allowing you to refresh that module in the future if you needed to make changes to the template objects and push them into any designs that reference that module. 

The other option would be to use the File -> Export -> Sub-drawing and File -> Import -> Sub-drawing to make a clip file of the template objects which you could then bring into the customer design. This would be more of a one-time thing, since the intelligence is lost after it is imported, unlike the module (which is why in your place, I would likely go with the module-based flow).

Since I don't know exactly what the contents of things you're copying over consists of, that's as helpful as I can be.

Regards,
    - Tyler 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by design58 at 22 Sep 2012 11:01 PM. Topic has 1 replies.