Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > IBIS models simulator

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

IBIS models simulator 

Last post Tue, Apr 22 2014 3:50 PM by Mostafa2014. 3 replies.
Started by icde 18 Sep 2012 04:25 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 1235 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Sep 18 2012 4:25 PM

• icde
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 18 2012
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85
    IBIS models simulator Reply

Hi everyone, 

I am not sure if my post is in the right place. Anyhow I just downloaded Xilinx and Altera IBIS models. The Altera model is just a word file while Xilinx is a file with an extension .ibs . So is there a specific simulator to run these models or I can use quartus and xilinx simulators to simulate them?
    Also can I simulate the model using PSPICE because I tried but didn't know how to import the file to PSPICE and run it ? Should I convert the file first?

Thanks

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Sep 18 2012 7:00 PM

• RaggMopp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 15 2012
    • Posts 6
    • Points 135
    Re: IBIS models simulator Reply

You can try importing the IBIS model by running the PSpice Model Editor. Under the Model dropdown menu you will find an "IBIS Translator..." option.

That is as far as I got, because the IBIS model I got from Fairchild caused the editor to barf due to the IBIS version number.

Good luck!

• Post Points: 35
  • Wed, Sep 19 2012 2:37 PM

• icde
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 18 2012
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85

Thanks for ur help.

The problem im not quite famiier with pspice. so i think im still missing something here. what i did is in the cadance package i have AMS simulator ==> simulation accessories ==> model editor ==> then it gives me the options Design entry or capture (which one??) ==> then do i have to include the library so i can see the option of IBIS translator ?

• Post Points: 5
  • Tue, Apr 22 2014 3:50 PM

Hello,

I have the same problem as yours. I want to simulate my ibis model in Spectre Cadence. I translated my ibis file to a spice netlist (but I am not sure it is necessary or not !) but I do not know how can I import this netlist or my ibis model in Cadence Spectre for simulation. I use the instance ibis_buffer , but I failed to download my ibis file on it. Could you please help me through this way??

Thanks and regards, 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by icde at 18 Sep 2012 04:25 PM. Topic has 3 replies.