Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > SKILL code to generate lower routes with same path properties of the selected path

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

SKILL code to generate lower routes with same path properties of the selected path 

Last post Mon, Sep 24 2012 4:47 AM by Andrew Beckett. 24 replies.
Started by Neeraj Vardhan 10 Sep 2012 03:07 AM. Topic has 24 replies and 3087 views
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Sep 10 2012 3:07 AM

SKILL code to generate lower routes with same path properties of the selected path Reply

Hi,

I am trying to generate lower routes with same path properties as of the selected path. Can any one assist me how can i do it using SKILL.

Thanks  

• Post Points: 35
  • Mon, Sep 10 2012 5:19 AM

Re: SKILL code to generate lower routes with same path properties of the selected path Reply

What do you mean by "lower routes"? Your requirement is rather vague...

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Sep 10 2012 7:00 AM

Re: SKILL code to generate lower routes with same path properties of the selected path Reply

Hi let me give an example..... i have a metal route in M7 layer , i want to generate M6-M1 path with same properties of M9...i mean a metal stack...

Thanks 

• Mon, Sep 10 2012 7:09 AM

foreach(newLayer'("M6" "M5" "M4" "M3" "M2" "M1")
      newPath=dbCopyFig(origPath origPath~>cellView list(0:0 "R0"))
      newPath~>layerName=newLayer
    )

Something like that. This is assuming that the original path is in the variable origPath. The third arg to dbCopyFig is the transformation - and it leaves it in the same location.

Andrew

• Mon, Sep 10 2012 7:27 AM

Ya the original path is in the variable origPath. Thanks a lot Adrew...
    • Post Points: 5
  • Wed, Sep 12 2012 4:24 AM

Hi, can you let me know how can i copy a path then edit the layer and then place it at the same coordinates

Thanks & Regards 

• Post Points: 35
  • Wed, Sep 12 2012 5:14 AM

I'm confused. Didn't I explain how to do precisely that in my append on Monday?

Andrew

• Wed, Sep 12 2012 5:16 AM

Hi Neeraj,

I have used the script mention by Andrew and modified it little bit. Just load the script in CIW and select the Metal layer you want to copy and hit Ctrl+t. I have used only 3 metal ie M0, M1 and M2.

procedure(metalStackUP()
    let((newPath MBL)
    x=css()
    MBL=x~>layerName
    if( MBL == "M0" then y="M1"
        else           
    y="M2"))

newPath=dbCopyFig(x nil list(0:0 "R0"))
    newPath~>layerName=y
    )

hiSetBindKey("Layout" "Ctrl<key>T" "metalStackUP()")

• Post Points: 50
  • Wed, Sep 12 2012 5:19 AM

You shouldn't really use css() in your code; this is a private SKILL function which was added as an internal debugging aid by one R&D group; there's always the chance it may get removed at some point.

I tend to use it only when quickly typing stuff in the CIW - for code use car(geGetSelSet()) instead to ensure that your code is future proof.

Andrew

• Post Points: 50
  • Wed, Sep 12 2012 5:23 AM

Thanks Andrew,

• Wed, Sep 12 2012 8:00 PM

Hey thanks ShashiKumar...:-)
  • Wed, Sep 12 2012 8:01 PM

Thanks Andrew. Sorry to bother you back.
  • Fri, Sep 14 2012 3:52 AM

Hi shashi, i was trying to create a ROD in which i tried to put via's as subRect but i couldnt get a result. Can you help me out in this..
  • Fri, Sep 14 2012 4:25 AM

can you please elabroate what you want exactly ??

• Sat, Sep 15 2012 7:22 AM

I am trying to create a rod path. Which should create a stack of top and its bottom layer with vias. for ex M2 Via1 M1. So that the vias should get automatically streached when i streach the path. 

Thanks

Neeraj 

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts:
Started by Neeraj Vardhan at 10 Sep 2012 03:07 AM. Topic has 24 replies.