Home > Community > Forums > Functional Verification > ncverilog simulation verilog: error fmuk

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ncverilog simulation verilog: error fmuk 

Last post Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:31 AM by weebey. 5 replies.
Started by weebey 24 Aug 2012 07:31 PM. Topic has 5 replies and 3298 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Aug 24 2012 7:31 PM

• weebey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 14 2012
    • Posts 13
    • Points 125
    ncverilog simulation verilog: error fmuk Reply

Hi,

I am trying to run a simulation on my schematic using NC-Verilog in Virtuoso. When I click simuate, I keep getting these errors:

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (/counter_run1/testfixture.template) could not be determined.

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (ihnl/cds0/netlist) could not be determined.

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (ihnl/cds1/netlist) could not be determined.

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (ihnl/cds2/netlist) could not be determined.

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (ihnl/cds3/netlist) could not be determined.

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (ihnl/cds4/netlist) could not be determined.

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (ihnl/cds5/netlist) could not be determined.

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (ihnl/cds6/netlist) could not be determined.

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (ihnl/cds7/netlist) could not be determined.

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (ihnl/cds8/netlist) could not be determined.

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (ihnl/cds9/netlist) could not be determined.

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (ihnl/cds10/netlist) could not be determined.

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (ihnl/cds11/netlist) could not be determined.

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (ihnl/cds12/netlist) could not be determined.

irun: *E,FMUK: The type of the file (ihnl/cds13/netlist) could not be determined.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. 

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Sun, Aug 26 2012 1:28 PM

• tpylant
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 11 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 135
    • Points 2,030
    Re: ncverilog simulation verilog: error fmuk Reply
    Add '-sv' to your command line options.

Tim
  • Mon, Aug 27 2012 7:29 AM

• weebey
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 125

Thanks for the reply, Tim. I actually ended up fixing this problem with the command -default_ext verilog. However, now I am getting error messages like this one:

nfetx  M1 ( .S(cds_globals.gnd_), .G(net11), .D(Y),

|

ncelab: *E,CUVMUR (./ihnl/cds0/netlist,18|8): instance 'test.top@counter<module>.U31@AND2X1<module>.M1' of design unit 'nfetx' is unresolved in 'worklib.AND2X1:verilog'.

ncelab: *E,CUVMUR (./ihnl/cds0/netlist,18|8): instance 'test.top@counter<module>.U31@AND2X1<module>.M1' of design unit 'nfetx' is unresolved in 'worklib.AND2X1:verilog'.

nfetx  M2 ( .S(cds_globals.gnd_), .G(B), .D(hnet14),

|

ncelab: *E,CUVMUR (./ihnl/cds0/netlist,20|8): instance 'test.top@counter<module>.U31@AND2X1<module>.M2' of design unit 'nfetx' is unresolved in 'worklib.AND2X1:verilog'.

Do you know what's going on here? I synthesized the design with Design Compiler and then imported it into Virtuoso as a schematic. 

• Mon, Aug 27 2012 8:06 AM

• tpylant
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 11 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 135
    • Points 2,030
    Looks like you need to refer to a cell library that needs to be included on the command line.

Tim
    • Post Points: 35
  • Mon, Aug 27 2012 8:10 AM

• weebey
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 125
    Can I also do this through the gui in Virtuoso? If not, could you explain what I need to do, assuming I know where the library is?
    • Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:31 AM

• weebey
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 125

I was able to do the following without any errors:

ncxlmode counter_synth.v -v ibm18.v 

where counter_synth.v is the netlist to be simulated and ibm18.v is the verilog file for my standard cells. However, I can not figure out how to do this with NC-Verilog within the virtuoso GUI still.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by weebey at 24 Aug 2012 07:31 PM. Topic has 5 replies.