Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > *ERROR: (ENCOAX-41): Cannot create an instance in a hierarchy where the occurrences are not unique

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

*ERROR: (ENCOAX-41): Cannot create an instance in a hierarchy where the occurrences are not unique 

Last post Mon, Jul 30 2012 2:28 PM by wally1. 1 replies.
Started by konx 30 Jul 2012 01:30 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1408 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jul 30 2012 1:30 PM

• konx
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 3 2009
    • Amsterdam, Netherlands
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135
    *ERROR: (ENCOAX-41): Cannot create an instance in a hierarchy where the occurrences are not unique Reply

Hello,

I have a P&R-ed design (let's call it MultiA) in Encounter with no violations. I'm trying to export it in Virtuoso using OA database. While doing this, I receive the following errors:

**ERROR: (ENCOAX-41):   Cannot create an instance in a hierarchy where the occurrences are not unique
    **ERROR: (ENCOAX-347):  Could not create instance 'pixel_7/FILLER_impl0_19' in OA. Refer to any earlier messages.

The final result is then a design _without_ fillers. The other cells are anyway present.

You should notice that:

- I can successfully export another design (in the same OA library). Let's say this is called SingleA.

- The wrong design(MultiA) contains many instances of design SingleA. I'm reading in the netlist of design SingleA and then I'm placing many copies of this design.

Could you please point to what might be the error source?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Francesco

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jul 30 2012 2:28 PM

• wally1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 4 2008
    • Bellevue, WA
    • Posts 151
    • Points 2,945
    Re: *ERROR: (ENCOAX-41): Cannot create an instance in a hierarchy where the occurrences are not unique Reply

Hi Francesco,

How are the technology and libraries being read in? Are they defined with LEF or OA? If they are defined with LEF then that is likely the problem. You can't save a design to OA when the libs are defined with LEF. Use lefin to translate them to OA then reference them when reading the design into EDI System.

For example, to convert the LEF files to OA:

lefin -lef tech.lef -lib oaLib
    lefin -lef stdcells.lef -lib oaLib

Then during design import comment out the variable pointing to the LEF file and replace it with:

set init_oa_ref_lib {oaLib}
    set init_abstract_view {abstract}

If you're using EDI 10.1 or earlier the config file vars are:

set rda_Input(ui_oa_reflib) {oaLib}
    set rda_Input(ui_oa_abstractname) {abstract}

Regards,

Brian

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by konx at 30 Jul 2012 01:30 PM. Topic has 1 replies.