Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Callback procedure doesn't work when I change the cellname.

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Callback procedure doesn't work when I change the cellname. 

Last post Wed, Jan 2 2013 1:33 AM by Andrew Beckett. 4 replies.
Started by TiNat 20 Jul 2012 03:23 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 1885 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Jul 20 2012 3:23 AM

• TiNat
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 11 2010
    • Minsk, Belarus
    • Posts 39
    • Points 630
    Callback procedure doesn't work when I change the cellname. Reply
    Hello. Who can help me. I create library with low voltage and
    high voltage mos. The minimum length of channel for low voltage mos is 0.35u,
    for high voltage mos is 3u.
    I set length 1u for low vol. mos, and when I change the cellname on nmos_hv the length 
    1u is remain, although I'm using callback procedure. This procedure works only when I change any
    value of whatever parameter, but doesn't work when I change cellname.
    Such problem is present in NCSU 1.5.1 but doesn't present in others PDK.
    What I must to do for deciding this problem?

Best Regards.
    Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Jul 20 2012 4:52 AM

Re: Callback procedure doesn't work when I change the cellname. Reply

Callbacks are never fired on the cellName changing (there's a CCR for that). Some PDKs workaround this by making it that the cellName can't be edited.

The fundamental problem is that there's no way in CDF to specify a callback on the cellName - because it's not a CDF parameter. Even if there was, it is more complicate than that - if you have CDF parameters with defaults which different between devices, and they have storeDefault=yes, then they'd need updating too.

Andrew.

• Post Points: 35
  • Fri, Jul 20 2012 6:01 AM

• TiNat
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 11 2010
    • Minsk, Belarus
    • Posts 39
    • Points 630
    You are right. Default parameters are updated when I change cellname, but if I change, for example, length from 0.35u to 0.45u, and than change callname, the value 0.45u is remain, but I want that it'd update to 3u - the minimum value for high voltage  mos. In all PDK it is present. It is greate problem for me. I thought that it is easy to do, but I don't know some things. 
    • Post Points: 5
  • Tue, Aug 21 2012 8:19 AM

Hi,

I have the same issue. I think in schematic properties for it's possible to somehow override the callback of the cellname field by accessing cdfForm ... but I'm not sure if this is safe;

Anyhow .. beeing interested in a solution for this: how could I make libname/cellnameto be readonly ?

Thank you,

BR,

Adrian

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jan 2 2013 1:33 AM

Adrian,

There's a private way to do this - so that it also disables it in the property assistant and canvas label editing - but there's an enhancement request, CCR 768873, for a clean, public way to do it in property editor, property assistant and canvas labels.

Please contact customer support and request an enhancement and they can then duplicate the request with this CCR.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by TiNat at 20 Jul 2012 03:23 AM. Topic has 4 replies.