Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > issue with make_cdb

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

issue with make_cdb 

Last post Tue, Jul 10 2012 9:08 AM by Kari. 2 replies.
Started by gops 28 Jun 2012 09:38 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 2215 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jun 28 2012 9:38 AM

• gops
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 24 2008
    • Trivandrum, Kerala
    • Posts 118
    • Points 2,505
    issue with make_cdb Reply

Hope every one is doing fine with their designs.

Can someone please help me with the following issue.

I was trying to generate cdb files using .cdl model and .scs model.

My .cdl model contains the netlist for the cells(lvs netlist) and .scs model contains the transistors and their parameters. But when I tried to use make_cdb, I'm getting an error from the tool saying that the cell doesn't contains any transistors. I checked the cell, it is a clock mux cell and it contains the transistors and the transisor defenition is in the .scs file as well. 

can someone help me sort out the issue. If you need the .cdl file and .scs model for the purpose I can upload it. Please let me know if anyone can help.

thanks

Gops 

• Post Points: 5
  • Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:34 PM

• gops
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 24 2008
    • Trivandrum, Kerala
    • Posts 118
    • Points 2,505
    Re: issue with make_cdb Reply

Can someone please help me to generate the .cdb file for "cell_r" in the attached .cdl file. I have also attached the spectre models for the transistors. Also i have attached the script file for make_cdb. 

The files are also available with the support site of cadence (incase you don't want to extract the zip file I have uploaded here)

http://support.cadence.com/wps/myportal/cos/COSHome/sr/viewsr/!ut/p/c5/dY3bDkNAFAC_xRecs-4el8RSIhGqui-iraB12ZaS-vrqB3TmeTLAYXcol7Yu53Ycyg5y4HrhMOqpRojIjNRC2c2oFimJjCaB06_QC_wDRTgDNwoiM4cEKlosNSz00fJtPaaIsgrZML76_ZRCjmqR3FEc0kRZP9ctJKM5BYmISFwFrn3TxLvx-qbhfTeXTCxCI89jsPp00lv3UksSRN7YVyAew-aaVPoC6eBkwA!!/dl3/d3/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

SR No.42979936

thanks 

gops 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Jul 10 2012 9:08 AM

• Kari
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Cary, NC
    • Posts 693
    • Points 14,155
    Re: issue with make_cdb Reply

Hi Gops,

I'm no expert in this area, but it looks like your make_cdb.tcl script is not complete. Please check the "make_cdB Noise Characterizer User Guide", available at support.cadence.com. At the very least you are missing the .lib file. I'm not sure if this helps. Keep pushing the Service Request you filed, they should be able to get this working for you.

- Kari 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by gops at 28 Jun 2012 09:38 AM. Topic has 2 replies.