Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Library Design Parameter Batch Edit

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Library Design Parameter Batch Edit 

Last post Mon, Jun 25 2012 6:02 AM by Ejlersen. 1 replies.
Started by Roger BFS 20 Jun 2012 12:02 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1722 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jun 20 2012 12:02 PM

• Roger BFS
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 4 2011
    • Morrison, CO
    • Posts 67
    • Points 965
    Library Design Parameter Batch Edit Reply

Hi All,

Over the past couple of years I have accumulated a quite extensive collection of padstacks and symbols in my local library, from the last few versions of Allegro, although I'm now using 16.5 with latest SR.  The padstacks and symbols have assumed an annoying set of mis-matched and inconsistent design parameters apparently derived from the tool environments from when they were last created, edited or exported.  In trying to become "design librarian" for a while and go fix them for consistency, I have been looking at what is seemingly the endless volume of Cadence help and documentation. 

To short-cut the frustration,  can anyone point me to a cheatsheet or list of which design parameters are actually saved with the individual padstack and symbol files as opposed to being picked up by the tool environment? 

I have been playing with "prmed" and importing and exporting parameter files.  Some things get over-written on import, while others get added such as text block definitions.  The end result is frustrating to say the least.  The behavior of pad_designer versus symbol editor is also different.

Individually editing each symbol in my libraries is also an overwhelming task.  Could any experts here suggest the easiest way to attempt batch editing of symbol/pad parameters for consistency throughout.  First I would like to tackle the padstacks with such things as "units" and "decimal places" and text sizes then move on to consistent dimensions for soldermask and anti-pad clearances.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Roger

Roger Green - B F Systems, LLC
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jun 25 2012 6:02 AM

• Ejlersen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 28 2008
    • Aalborg, Copenhagen
    • Posts 569
    • Points 10,080
    Re: Library Design Parameter Batch Edit Reply

Hi

In one of our technical newsletters we went through batch symbol updates.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nordcad.dk%2Fdk%2Fteknik__service%2Fe-service%2Fe-service_nr_147.htm&act=url

A similar method can be used for padstacks.

See C:\Cadence\SPB_16.5\share\pcb\batchhelp\pad_designer.txt for help on running pad_designer. All you need to do is change batch file from above link and also create a relevant script.

Best regards

Ole

Best regards Ole
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Roger BFS at 20 Jun 2012 12:02 PM. Topic has 1 replies.