Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Triggering callbacks

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Triggering callbacks 

Last post Mon, Jun 18 2012 3:34 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by navi2582 14 Jun 2012 12:45 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 1623 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jun 14 2012 12:45 PM

• navi2582
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, May 9 2012
    • Posts 26
    • Points 415
    Triggering callbacks Reply

Hi,

After loading the "CCSinvokeCdfCallbacks.il", I opened the schematic and again ran "CCSinvokeCdfCallbacks(geGetEditCellView())" but I am getting the following error messages,

\e *Error* putprop: first arg must be either symbol, list, defstruct or user type - nil
    \e *Error* putprop: first arg must be either symbol, list, defstruct or user type - nil
    \e *Error* evalstring: argument #1 should be a string (type template = "ts") - nil
    \e *Error* evalstring: argument #1 should be a string (type template = "ts") - nil
    \e *Error* eval: unbound variable - process
    \e *Error* eval: unbound variable - process

Am missing something?

I am using IC6.1.5-64b.500.9

Thanks,

Naveen

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Jun 15 2012 3:37 AM

Re: Triggering callbacks Reply

Hi Naveen,

It's hard to know without seeing the specific case, but you might need to tell it to call the callInitProc too - sometimes this has to be done for the callbacks to work. You can do that by calling:

CCSinvokeCdfCallbacks(geGetEditCellView() ?callInitProc t)

The other possibility is that that callback is referring to cdfgForm and looking at the cellName (say) - this is dubious practice, but it does happen sometimes. In that case, try adding ?addFormFields t to the arg list.

If neither work, I suggest you contact customer support. You'll need to provide info on the PDK you're using. If the AE handling the service request isn't sure, they can always contact me (as I wrote the code) for help - but we'd need enough data to reproduce the problem.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:54 AM

• navi2582
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, May 9 2012
    • Posts 26
    • Points 415

Hi Andrew,

Is there any remote chance that it wouldn't work if I run it on the top-level hierarchy, which doesn't have any individual instances placed (only blocks)?

The reason behind this conclusion is: I copied the top-level schematic (with all the hierarchy) into a new library and ran "CCSCdfCallbackEntireLib.il". It worked (sort of)!!! I still got the same error messages (seen from the icfb window) when it was running on the top-level schematic but was able to successfully reset few other attributes on other schematic cellviews.

I really appreciate your help (always) !!!

Thanks,

Naveen

• Mon, Jun 18 2012 3:34 AM

Naveen,

If you run on the top level block, it's only going to call the callbacks for the instances placed - so if there's a failing there, it's because of any CDF callbacks on those devices. 

The errors are probably coming as a consequence of the callbacks themselves. Seeing the data is probably the only way to debug this - but you could try typing:

_stacktrace=50
    tracelength=50
    tracelevel=50

and triggering the callbacks and seeing if the additional information makes it any clearer?

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by navi2582 at 14 Jun 2012 12:45 PM. Topic has 3 replies.