Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Looking for a dbCreateLine bindkey for Virtuoso 6.1

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Looking for a dbCreateLine bindkey for Virtuoso 6.1 

Last post Thu, May 31 2012 5:38 AM by LongTimeNovice. 2 replies.
Started by LongTimeNovice 30 May 2012 01:48 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 1007 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, May 30 2012 1:48 PM

Looking for a dbCreateLine bindkey for Virtuoso 6.1 Reply

Hello.

In Virtuoso 5.1, I had a bindkey that looked like this:

"<Key>y"            "CreateLine()")

You'd hit "y" and then click a point and then another point, and it would draw a 0-width line between the two points.

Virtuoso 6.1 has the command dbCreateLine, but I haven't been able to create a bindkey for it, and I also haven't found it in my menus and toolbars.  Is there a way to create a bindkey for this, and does the command exist in a menu or toolbar within Virtuoso?

Thank you!

Steven.

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, May 30 2012 1:59 PM

Re: Looking for a dbCreateLine bindkey for Virtuoso 6.1 Reply

Steven,

CreateLine() was presumably a custom function defined in your environment (it's not a Cadence function), which probably used an enter function (e.g. enterPoints() or enterLine() to digitize the points, and then called dbCreateLine() when it was done). The same underlying functions still exist, so presumably you could use the same custom code in IC61 too.

There's no menu to digitize a zero-width line (nor was there in IC51) in the layout editor.

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, May 31 2012 5:38 AM

Re: Looking for a dbCreateLine bindkey for Virtuoso 6.1 Reply

Thank you, Andrew!

I'll contact my loal CAD group and ask them to recreate that custom function for 6.1.  Thank you for your help!

Steven.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by LongTimeNovice at 30 May 2012 01:48 PM. Topic has 2 replies.