Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > Transient convergence issue

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Transient convergence issue 

Last post Mon, Jun 18 2012 6:30 AM by h1jo2d3put4. 2 replies.
Started by h1jo2d3put4 25 May 2012 04:58 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 3198 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, May 25 2012 4:58 AM

Transient convergence issue Reply

Hello everyone,

I'm new in this forum and a newbie using cadence. I've been trying to simulate an oscillator circuit using transient, but the simulation never converged. I started reducing the size of the circuit until I ended up with circuit shown in the picture attached. It is actually a transient simulation with all the default parameters with a simulation time of 1 ns. The simulation crashes after a few fs for the liberal or conservative error setting and takes ages to run until it eventually crashes for the moderate option. 

Any comments and/or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Regards,

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jun 6 2012 6:11 AM

Re: Transient convergence issue Reply

I tried constructing the same circuit and it didn't "crash" for me (I assume you meant it stopped with the blow up error you showed in your image, rather than crashing) - but I was having to guess what some of the parameters are. Best to post the input.scs .

However, I guess your circuit does not really have a 1 Farad capacitor in it? Large ideal component values can be problematic... I suspect the circuit is unstable (maybe try running a pz analysis to look for RHP poles).

Andew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jun 18 2012 6:30 AM

Re: Transient convergence issue Reply

Thank you very much for your answer. Following your advice, I reduced the capacitances and the simulation started to converge.

Regards,

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by h1jo2d3put4 at 25 May 2012 04:58 AM. Topic has 2 replies.