Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > ERROR (SFE-74) Error found in protected block by Virtuoso Spectre during circuit read-in

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ERROR (SFE-74) Error found in protected block by Virtuoso Spectre during circuit read-in 

Last post Sun, Sep 23 2012 6:26 AM by GiiFlying. 4 replies.
Started by besart86 09 May 2012 10:40 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 2024 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, May 9 2012 10:40 AM

• besart86
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 9 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    ERROR (SFE-74) Error found in protected block by Virtuoso Spectre during circuit read-in Reply

Hi all,

I am using Version 7.2.0.3007.isr10. And the technology is UMC180nm. 

I am trying to do some montecarlo simulations using both "n_lv_33_mm" and "n_33_mm" transistors. 

In fact, the simulations are performed well when I use only "n_33_mm" transistors. However, when I include "n_lv_33_mm" transistors in the schematics, it shows the following error:

Error found by spectre during circuit read-in.

ERROR (SFE-74) : Error found in protected block by Virtuoso (R) Spectre during circuit read-in.

Now, I have added the all three montecarlo corners and I think the model libraries corresponding to the low vt transistors are included. Not sure if i can post the full names of the model libraries here though. 

If I don't use one of the MC corners, it will show the error:

ERROR (SFE-23) : "input.scs" M0 is an instance of an undefined model n_lv_33_mm.

Thanks in advance,

Bes 

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, May 9 2012 11:00 AM

Re: ERROR (SFE-74) Error found in protected block by Virtuoso Spectre during circuit read-in Reply

Your best bet would be to contact whoever supplied the models/PDK (presumably UMC). This requires detailed knowledge of how that PDK is set up to be able to answer it.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, Sep 19 2012 8:32 PM

• GiiFlying
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 19 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Re: ERROR (SFE-74) Error found in protected block by Virtuoso Spectre during circuit read-in Reply

hello Andrew:

when I meet the question like this ,how can i get the error info according to the error code(which like SFE-74)?

Regards,

Guo

• Thu, Sep 20 2012 2:06 AM

Guo,

SFE-74 is the error code for "Error found in protected block by Virtuoso (R) Spectre during circuit read-in.". It is not an error code corresponding to the real error underneath. 

The reason why the real error is suppressed is that people could do things which would force an error within an encrypted block to reveal information about the protected block contents. For example, you could invoke a subckt with the wrong number of terminals, or with incorrect parameters, or attempt to reference a node or component within an encrypted subckt knowing full well that it will fail - this type of thing could unwittingly reveal information that the person who encrypted the netlist wanted to protect.

You probably need to contact the original provider of the encrypted file for assistance.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Sun, Sep 23 2012 6:26 AM

• GiiFlying
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 19 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25

I see.Thanks a lot.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by besart86 at 09 May 2012 10:40 AM. Topic has 4 replies.