Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > In LVS, how to skip a component from "analogLib"?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

In LVS, how to skip a component from "analogLib"? 

Last post Mon, Apr 2 2012 10:26 AM by Jacki. 4 replies.
Started by Jacki 02 Apr 2012 07:52 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 2740 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Apr 2 2012 7:52 AM

• Jacki
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 2 2011
    • Posts 13
    • Points 215
    In LVS, how to skip a component from "analogLib"? Reply

Hello,

I have a question about the LVS. I am testing a PAD layout now (both the schematic and layout are ready from the designkits), the schematic includes a "presistor" from "analogLib". But when I run LVS, I get the error because there are not related layout for the "presistor". I think the "presistor" is only used to model the parasitics.

My question is how to avoid this "presistor" when I run LVS. I heard that in spectre, there is a setting which can skip the component in LVS. Any comments are appreciated.

Thank you.

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Apr 2 2012 7:59 AM

Re: In LVS, how to skip a component from "analogLib"? Reply

Which tool are you using for LVS? There are a number of different Cadence LVS tools (Dracula, Diva, Assura, PVS - possibly some other more esoteric choices), plus several from other EDA companies (e.g. Calibre, Hercules).

Note that your second paragraph doesn't make sense - there wouldn't be a setting in "spectre" (which is a circuit simulator) which affects LVS (a separate tool).

Also, which version of the IC tools are you using? (Help->About in the CIW).

Regards,

Andrew

• Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:42 AM

• Jacki
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 215

Hello, Andrew,

Thank you for pointing me to misunderstand spectre and calibre. I am using Calibre 2010, mmsim.11.10.214, Virtuoso 5.10.41.500.6.151 (ic5141).

Jacki

• Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:52 AM

Jacki,

Well, Calibre is not a Cadence tool. It's possible to add a property lxRemoveDevice on a component - but I think this is only supported in IC615 for auCdl netlisting which is what will be being used to get the schematic connectivity. Even then there are some issues

In IC5141, you either would need to customize the CDF to get the presistor to netlist as a ".CONNECT" statement, or probably it's simpler to use functionality in Calibre to short out the resistor - either by asking Calibre to short specific models, or resistors with a sufficiently small value. You'd have to read the Calibre documentation to find out how to do that - as it's not a Cadence tool and I don't have access to it.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Mon, Apr 2 2012 10:26 AM

• Jacki
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 215

Hello Andrew,

Thank you very much for your information. I will read the manual of calibre.

Regards!

Jacki.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Jacki at 02 Apr 2012 07:52 AM. Topic has 4 replies.