Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > ADEXL reverted to OCEAN mode and unable to revert back to ADE

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ADEXL reverted to OCEAN mode and unable to revert back to ADE 

Last post Tue, Apr 30 2013 5:12 AM by Andrew Beckett. 4 replies.
Started by rkic 11 Jan 2012 11:38 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 1958 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jan 11 2012 11:38 AM

• rkic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 31 2011
    • Posts 10
    • Points 115
    ADEXL reverted to OCEAN mode and unable to revert back to ADE Reply

Bit of history here...I created a ADEXL view with a test under it. I had to run a regression on the design and did that via ocean through the unix shell. The simulations ran successfully and generated all the required results. When i re-opened the ADEXL view after the ocean run, and wanted to run just one simulation using the GUI, everything pertaining to the test had switched to OCEAN. For example, when i hover the mouse under the test name, in the pink box which provides details of the test, it shows "Tool : OCEAN" Ordinarily this would be "Tool : ADE". In addition when i right click on the test and try to open the ADE-L test editor by clicking on open test editor, it opens a text file containing all the ocean commands related to that test rather than the ADE-L GUI.

How do i get the test to revert to the ADE mode?

I have my save number of history entries =1 and overwrite previous run checked. IN that since my previous run was in OCEAN, i see the history named as "Ocean.1" etc. Is the keyword Ocean somehow telling ADEXL to be in OCEAN mode?

I did find one hack. When i open the data.sdb file, i see tool set to OCEAN, if i manually edit it to be ADE, i can revert it, but i lose my design variables in the process.

So simply put, how should i switch the tool from OCEAN to ADE from within the GUI? Seems like a very simple question but i poured over all the manuals and could not find an answer anywhere :-(

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jan 11 2012 1:59 PM

Re: ADEXL reverted to OCEAN mode and unable to revert back to ADE Reply

My guess is that you ran the OCEAN XL script, and then opened the adexl view in ADE XL, and rather than doing RMB->View Results from the newly created history, you did RMB->Load Setup to Active. If you do that, it takes whatever setup was in place that generated those results, and replaces the active setup in ADE with this.

Since it was an OCEAN script, it makes the resulting test an "OCEAN test" (search in cdnshelp for "OCEAN test editor" (in quotes) and you'll find some info on this).

As an OCEAN script is more general than an ADE test setup, I think it's really a one-way operation - I don't think there's any way to go back (other than SKILL or SDB hacking).

I did see that there was an SR which might be from you - 42652960 - which seems related. I was going to suggest logging a service request to ask for an interactive way to change this back (if possible). However, it may just be a consequence of using the wrong menu above to observe the results - I have seen other users using "Load setup to active" when they should have used "View Results", not realising the impact of the choice.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 35
  • Wed, Jan 11 2012 2:08 PM

• rkic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 31 2011
    • Posts 10
    • Points 115

Thanks Andrew. That is good to know.

Actually i did not load the setup state to active, but maybe did something else to that effect. ( I have setup states in my ADEXL view and maybe something there i need to re-visit)

I know the root cause of my problem now!

• Post Points: 5
  • Thu, Apr 18 2013 8:27 AM

• paniersy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 18 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Hi Andrew;

I have the same problem as "rkic": my ADE XL cellview has been transformed in an OCEAN script and I don't know how to revert this.

For me, you clearly identified the cause of the problem.

I was looking for results from a script made to run a bunch of tests during night and when I opened them I used "Load Setup to Active" instead of "View Results". I hope it's not a one-way operation...

Best regards.

Sylvain.

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Apr 30 2013 5:12 AM

Hi Sylvain,

I don't want to advertise the hack to fix it (it is not guaranteed to work, and also may change in future), so please contact customer support. If the person you deal with doesn't know how to do this, ask them to get in touch with me.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by rkic at 11 Jan 2012 11:38 AM. Topic has 4 replies.