Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > Saving currents in IC6.1.5/ADE L

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Saving currents in IC6.1.5/ADE L 

Last post Tue, Jan 10 2012 4:21 AM by Aldo2. 6 replies.
Started by Aldo2 09 Jan 2012 09:15 AM. Topic has 6 replies and 3666 views
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jan 9 2012 9:15 AM

• Aldo2
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 29 2011
    • Posts 43
    • Points 650
    Saving currents in IC6.1.5/ADE L Reply
    Hello, I started to use IC6.1.5. I would like to save all currents in my circuit; in ADE L/Save Options I set: Save device currents -> all but I get the message: /node is not a kept output Only node currents of analogLib voltage source are saved. What's wrong? Thank you Aldo
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jan 9 2012 9:23 AM

Re: Saving currents in IC6.1.5/ADE L Reply

Aldo,

What are you doing when you get that message? It's not when you turn on saving of all device currents, I presume - but in response to some other interactive command? 

Andrew.

• Mon, Jan 9 2012 9:28 AM

• Aldo2
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 43
    • Points 650
    I get the message when I select a node to plot its current waveform after an hb simulation. Aldo.
  • Mon, Jan 9 2012 9:51 AM

Is it a node (i.e. a wire) or a device terminal that you are selecting? Obviously selecting a node makes no sense...

Note that saving device currents only saves currents on primitive devices; if the terminal you are probing is a subckt terminal (and that includes if the model is implemented as a subckt underneath), it will not be saved.

You can get them to be saved by using the subcktprobelvl option to save currents to a certain depth; be warned that this can impact performance because it causes lots of iprobes to be inserted which makes the matrix bigger (this can be avoided using the subcktiprobes option - see "spectre -h options")

Regards,

Andrew.

• Mon, Jan 9 2012 10:09 AM

• Aldo2
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 43
    • Points 650
    Yes I mean device terminal! The depth is correct (is bigger than the real depth of the circuit). The circuit size is smal and so I don't think to have memory problems. If I choose selected and I manually select all the circuit devices, currents are saved and plotted at the end of the simulation. So, it seems that setting all currents with no device selected and setting selected currents with all devices selected are not equivalent!
  • Mon, Jan 9 2012 10:18 AM

I'm out for a couple of days, so it may just be worth logging this as a service request so that one of the AEs can take a look at this with you - I'm sure it's something simple - and a little debug should highlight it relatively easily (e.g. looking at the save statements in the netlist if any, and looking in the results browser to see what actually got saved).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Tue, Jan 10 2012 4:21 AM

• Aldo2
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 43
    • Points 650
    OK, thank you Aldo
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Aldo2 at 09 Jan 2012 09:15 AM. Topic has 6 replies.