Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > How is s-parameter simulation done in Cadence virtuoso?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How is s-parameter simulation done in Cadence virtuoso? 

Last post Thu, Dec 15 2011 2:59 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by hmcheema 15 Dec 2011 02:48 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 3819 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Dec 15 2011 2:48 AM

• hmcheema
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 26 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 65
    How is s-parameter simulation done in Cadence virtuoso? Reply

I want to know how s-parameters are calculated in Cadence virtuoso sp simulation? Is their a document explaining the same?

I am simulating three versions of a TSMC kit inductor with different lengths of interconnect connected to it. I extract their layouts using Calibre and then do a s-parameter simulation on the extracted views. However, i get the same inductance and Q-factor as well as impedance on smith-chart for all three cases.

On the other hand the same structures if simulated in EM based HFSS give different inductance for all different cases.

Please guide asap. Thanks a lot.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Dec 15 2011 2:59 AM

Re: How is s-parameter simulation done in Cadence virtuoso? Reply

It's unlikely that the issue is anything to do with the sp analysis, but more likely to be due to how you've extracted it. There's a short description in "spectre -h sp" and also in the <MMSIMinstDir>/doc/spectreref/spectreref.pdf but I doubt that's anything to do with the problem.

Are you extracting inductance in Calibre or just resistance and capacitance?

This is probably a better question for Mentor Graphics, since Calibre is their tool.

Best Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by hmcheema at 15 Dec 2011 02:48 AM. Topic has 1 replies.