Home > Community > Forums > Cadence Academic Network > Priority- immediate help to vary resistance

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Priority- immediate help to vary resistance  

Last post Wed, Sep 21 2011 10:00 PM by shilpakhetan. 3 replies.
Started by shilpakhetan 21 Sep 2011 05:33 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 872 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Sep 21 2011 5:33 AM

Priority- immediate help to vary resistance Reply
    Hello all, I am Shilpa.I use OrCAD PSpice 9.1. I have been trying to vary a resistor value in my circuit. The resistance value has to change with time. I am aware of the parameter sweep but it gives me many simulation profiles which i don't want. I need just one simulation result which will show the effect of varying resistance over time. I also tried the table method. I fed time as my input and resistance value as output. But it did not work. I am struck up and immediate help is needed. Please do reply. Thanks again Thanks and Regards, Shilpa.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Sep 21 2011 8:26 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,265
    • Points 21,620
    Re: Priority- immediate help to vary resistance Reply

Try the ZX part in the Analog Miscellaneous, ANL_MISC, library - you may have to get a later version to get this model.

Pins 1&2 are a control voltage, pin 3 is the reference, resistance in this case, to 0, pins 4&5 are a floating resistance (in this case). Generate you time varying function as a voltage and apply this as the control, the output resistance (itc) will be Rref * Vin, ensure that your control voltage remains above 0, otherwise circuit behaviour might be a little strange as things try to model negative resistance.

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Sep 21 2011 9:58 PM

Thanks for your immediate reply...Could you be more detailed in explaining how to generate my time varying resistance as voltage and apply it as a control?
    • Post Points: 5
  • Wed, Sep 21 2011 10:00 PM

Also i am only aware that the "E" and "G" parts can be used to model non-linear resistance and capacitance. Can that be useful?.. I am new to Spice...
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by shilpakhetan at 21 Sep 2011 05:33 AM. Topic has 3 replies.