Home > Community > Forums > Logic Design > Conformal LEC: performance during Hier_compare

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Conformal LEC: performance during Hier_compare 

Last post Wed, Aug 3 2011 10:43 AM by AsicMax. 2 replies.
Started by AsicMax 03 Aug 2011 08:18 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 3868 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Aug 3 2011 8:18 AM

• AsicMax
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 3 2011
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    Conformal LEC: performance during Hier_compare Reply

I am running LEC using hier_compare. The design after uniquify has 24 copies of the "same" module in golden and revised. The first couple compare in 15seconds each then each one starts taking 15minutes or more. It seems to get stuck at "84% Comparing 101 out of 120 points, 0 Non-equivalent". I have not tried hacking the hier compare script to put these modules more at the top. (They do not depend on any other modules, only library cells.) The only thing I can see that is "different" from the transcript, is that the slow down occurs after an unrelated module had a non-equivalent point.

Any ideas on why these modules are taking so long (at least some of them)?

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Aug 3 2011 10:23 AM

• croy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 11 2008
    • <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <string>HOME, PA</string>
    • Posts 32
    • Points 385
    Re: Conformal LEC: performance during Hier_compare Reply

Hi

Are  you running with the latest, 10.10-s480? Can you insert 'usage -auto'? I'm thinking it could be the memory usage starts exceeding the available memory and the run starts swapping.

Chrystian

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Aug 3 2011 10:43 AM

• AsicMax
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 3 2011
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    Re: Conformal LEC: performance during Hier_compare Reply

Well, no. I've requested our support people to get the latest version.

I'm watching "top" on that machine and it show 1217m virt; 1.1g resident; 100%CPU; 3.6%Mem (The machine has 32G physical memory, 8 processors.)  I thought it might be running up against a program/process limit e.g. it's only allowed to use 1.1g memory no matter how much the machine has. I seem to remember there is a system command to adjust the system default limit. But if its running 100% CPU, then it doesn't seem to be wasting time waiting for memory swap.

Since I asked the original question, I edited the hier script so the problem modules are all done first. It did the first 4 in 6 seconds each, now its taking minutes for each one.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by AsicMax at 03 Aug 2011 08:18 AM. Topic has 2 replies.