Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > How to view the parameters inside VerilogA model after Spectre simulation?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to view the parameters inside VerilogA model after Spectre simulation? 

Last post Fri, Nov 23 2012 6:09 AM by Andrew Beckett. 6 replies.
Started by Paulux 20 Jun 2011 01:52 AM. Topic has 6 replies and 2920 views
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jun 20 2011 1:52 AM

• Paulux
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 15 2010
    • Kowloon, 00-HK
    • Posts 15
    • Points 210
    How to view the parameters inside VerilogA model after Spectre simulation? Reply

Hello,

The resistor spectre model with VerilogA model are shown below. May I know how to view the parameter rl_va, rw_va & r_n inside VerilogA resistor model after Spectre simulation? How could I view these parameters using Result Browswer inside Virtuoso Analog Design Environment?

The reason I want to view because the default setting "scale=1e-6" is enabled and I need to check whether the values inside VerilogA will be or not be scaled by this "scale=1e-6".Also I want to double-check the values calculated inside VerilogA model.

Thank you for your kindness and help.

section res

ahdl_include "./res.va"

subckt rnpoly (1,2)

parameters rl=1 rw=1

+r_rsh0=65

+r_dw=2.05e-8

+r_dw=2.05e-8

rbody_r (1 2) res_va l=rl w=rw rsh0=r_rsh0 dw=r_dw dl=r_dl

ends rnpoly

Verilog A file (res.va) is shown below.

'include "discipline.h"

'include "constants.h"

module res_va(p, n);

inout p,n;

electrical p,n;

parameter real rsh0=65;

parameter real l=0;

parameter real w=0;

parameter real dl=0;

parameter real dw=0;

real rl_va, rw_va,r_n;

analog begin

rl_va=l-2*dl;

rw_va=w-2*dw;

r_n=r_l/r_w;

r=r_n*rsh0;

end

endmodule

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jul 27 2011 2:59 AM

Re: How to view the parameters inside VerilogA model after Spectre simulation? Reply

You need to turn on the saveahdlvars=all option - which is on the Outputs->Save All form in ADE.

Andrew.

• Mon, Sep 5 2011 7:43 PM

• Paulux
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 15 2010
    • Kowloon, 00-HK
    • Posts 15
    • Points 210
    Re: How to view the parameters inside VerilogA model after Spectre simulation? Reply

Thank you very much for Andrew's useful reply.

May I know where and how I can view the parameter value of rl_va, rw_va & r_n after turning on the saveahdlvars=all option?

I cannot find the numerical values of (rl_va, rw_va & r_n) in any outputParameter-Info, modelParameter-info or designParamVals-info inside the Results Browser(Analog Design Environment->Tools)!

Thank you for your kindness and help.

• Tue, Sep 6 2011 3:51 AM

If you do a DC operating point simulation, you can see them in the dcOpInfo-info result database (even without turning on saveahdlvars). If you turn on saveahdlvars, you can also see them in the transient results (and plot them varying over time) - they'll also appear in the dcOp-dc database.

They won't appear in the outputParameter-info (they're not device "output parameters"), modelParameter-info (they're not model parameters), or designParamVals-info (they're not design variables).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 35
  • Tue, Sep 6 2011 7:31 AM

Hi,

yes, just like andrew said.  i usually check it by resutls browser, you can see all of parameters values there.

regards,

zfeng

Regards, zfeng
    • Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 4:37 AM

• Deepon Saha
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 16 2011
    • Bangalore, Karnataka
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Hi Andrew,

I am currently trying to use the latest BSIMSOI verilog-a code in Cadence (IC614). The problem is that,during simulation, the spectre seems to take the default value of the parameters written in the verilog-a code but not from the model card which I am providing in the ADE. Where do you think is the problem?

Thanks 

• Fri, Nov 23 2012 6:09 AM

Without seeing the model and the setup, it's very hard to answer this as I have no visibility of what you're doing. Maybe you can contact customer support.

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Paulux at 20 Jun 2011 01:52 AM. Topic has 6 replies.