Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Need How to create Footprint parts in Orcad PCB Editor Version 16.3

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Need How to create Footprint parts in Orcad PCB Editor Version 16.3 

Last post Wed, Jun 1 2011 8:58 AM by oldmouldy. 1 replies.
Started by AllenCyr 01 Jun 2011 08:21 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 7165 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jun 1 2011 8:21 AM

• AllenCyr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 1 2011
    • Kinston, NC
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Need How to create Footprint parts in Orcad PCB Editor Version 16.3 Reply

I have used PADs PCB, Orcad, and Orcad Unision Suit 10.0i.    I am finding great difficulty working with Orcad PCB Editor / OrCAD PCB Designer.   It is not so easy to create footprints and I can not find good "how to" information from the built in help files or on the Cadence website.    I have even tried the CIS / Active parts data base and found very little footprints out there.    The effort to create a simple seven segment display footprint for a common Lumex LDS-A412RI has become complex.

Is there any help for me.    I think my simple approach would be to copy a 14 pin DIP footprint, edit the shape of footprint, remove some pins, adjust the pad stack to a Pad30cir20d for all pins, assign the new foot print as 7-Seg-Lumex_LDS, assign the footprint in my capture schematic and enjoy life.

Thanks in advance for who could help me with a "how to guide"   Or  a foot print for a Lumex LDS-A412RI "seven segment, single display, common anode"

Allen Cyr

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jun 1 2011 8:58 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,415
    • Points 24,155
    Re: Need How to create Footprint parts in Orcad PCB Editor Version 16.3 Reply

algrolibdev.pdf in the doc\algrolibdev directory of the installation is the manual that you need.

Start PCB Editor, File>New, select Package Symbol (Wizard) from the file type, browse to the directory to place the symbol in and specify a name for the symbol. OK to start the Wizard, select DIP as the type, load the default template when prompted, specify the dimensions and so on from the part datasheet, specify the required padstack(s) and complete the Wizard. The created symbol will be saved and displayed in the canvas. To remove pins, use Edit>Delete or the red X on the toolbar, ensure that the Pins option is selected in the Find tab, left-click on the pin to select it, left-click again to confirm delete, right-click>Done to end the Delete, File>Save to save the modified symbol.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by AllenCyr at 01 Jun 2011 08:21 AM. Topic has 1 replies.