Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

save data 

Last post Mon, Apr 9 2012 1:02 PM by Viren. 3 replies.
Started by Giulia 13 Apr 2011 01:26 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 2347 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Apr 13 2011 1:26 AM

• Giulia
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 4 2011
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90
    save data Reply
    Hallo everyone! I am a PSpice beginner and I have a doubt about the extraction of data: I need to analyse the output of an Orcad PSpice simulation using Matlab, so I have to extract the data from the "black plot" and save them in a suitable format (a .txt is perfecly ok) in order to use them with other programs. How can I do? Thank you for your help, Giulia
    Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Apr 13 2011 2:35 AM

• paragc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 4 2009
    • Toronto, Ontario
    • Posts 23
    • Points 295
    Re: save data Reply

You have following options -

a) Matlab use direct import of PSpice dat files - http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/21452-pspice-binary-import

b) You can export data from PSpice. Open the .dat file and Use menu File->Export

• Wed, Apr 13 2011 6:14 AM

• Giulia
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 4 2011
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90
    Thanks for your help, but I have a problem.I am using Orcad Capture and I can run my projects, but when I try to open the .dat files they are all black, without traces. I click on View simulation results and I can see the plots, but when I try to open the same .dat files the plot is all black, only with the axis. Have I to save something that I don't know? Or it is a PSpice tool and not an Orcad one?
  • Mon, Apr 9 2012 1:02 PM

• Viren
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 2 2010
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Most likely cause is that you have not added any traces after opening the dat files. Right click on the "black plot" and select Trace->Add.Choose the output you want to analyse. Your last Plots are saved in a .prb file. You can reload your last plots from Window->Display Control.Then choose Last Session or LAST DISPLAY.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Giulia at 13 Apr 2011 01:26 AM. Topic has 3 replies.