Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Create new Library in ICFB5141

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Create new Library in ICFB5141 

Last post Sat, Feb 19 2011 9:52 PM by jabbar. 4 replies.
Started by jabbar 17 Feb 2011 04:36 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 1887 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Feb 17 2011 4:36 AM

• jabbar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 18 2011
    • Posts 6
    • Points 75
    Create new Library in ICFB5141 Reply
    Hello, I'm new to back end design tools and am learning by myself for my project. Can anyone help me please with this simple problem. I want to create a new library using File > New > Library. Then I enter a name and choose "attach to an existing techfile" option. After I click OK a new pop up window appeared. But the problem is there is no "technology file" to choose in that window. I have specified a new library called "cmos_45nm" using library manager and set the library path to the library directory. I would like to stream in gds2 file from encounter I have search in the library manager user guide but still cannot solve it. Thanks in advance. sincere, jabbar
    Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Feb 17 2011 8:09 AM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,598
    • Points 16,060
    Re: Create new Library in ICFB5141 Reply

Hi Jabbar,

If you have an ASCII technology file that has not been compiled into a library already, then you will need to choose the "Compile a new techfile" option.  If there is an existing library with technology information associated with it, then you would choose "Attach to an existing techfile" - think of this as "Attach to existing technology LIBRARY".  If you do not even have a technology file, then you might use the Stream In process to create one as it performs the stream in operation.  You will need a display.drf file also to control the display of the layer purpose pairs - each layer-purpose pair has a "packet" associated with it, and the display packets are defined in the display.drf. If you have already created a library and later wish to compile technology information into it, you can choose Tools -> Technology File Manager -> Load.  Also from the Technology File Tool Box you can perform other techfile related tasks.

Hopefully this answers your question?

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Fri, Feb 18 2011 7:11 AM

• jabbar
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 75

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for your reply. From your suggestion I do not know which one I must do. 

The problem is as in the picture, the technology library is "none".  http://www.flickr.com/photos/42310091@N07/5455663229/

I have define new library in the library manager called "cmos_45nm". http://www.flickr.com/photos/42310091@N07/5455663761/

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Sincere,

Jabbar

• Fri, Feb 18 2011 11:09 AM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,598
    • Points 16,060

Hi Jabbar,

If you press the Show Files button at the top of the Library Manager window, do you see a file named techfile.cds in the cmos_45nm library?  If the latter is a "technology library", i.e. a library that has technology information associated with it, then it should have this file and you should be able to attach your design library "addsub" to it.  If there is no techfile.cds present in the library cmos_45nm then you will need to follow the steps I mentioned earlier for loading a technology file using the Technology File Toolbox ("Load..." button -> Load Technology File form) - you specify the ASCII technology file and what sections to read/build, and whether the mode is "merge" or "replace".  It should be straightforward and the documentation covers this.

Hopefully this helps you?

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Sat, Feb 19 2011 9:52 PM

• jabbar
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 75
    Hi Lawrence, Yes that's really help me. Thank you for the detail explanation. I did not found the techfile.cds and thus I need to load the associate technology file for the cmos_45nm library. Thanks again. Sincere, Jabbar
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by jabbar at 17 Feb 2011 04:36 AM. Topic has 4 replies.