Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > Bob, 2 questions about Encounter DB

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Bob, 2 questions about Encounter DB 

Last post Thu, May 8 2008 3:10 AM by archive. 3 replies.
Started by archive 08 May 2008 03:10 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 1413 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, May 8 2008 3:10 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    Bob, 2 questions about Encounter DB Reply

Bob, need your help

1st, I want get all the clock source in SOC Encounter, I use the dbIsFTermTAClkSrc to get the clock defined at primary input, but it doesn't work? Is it a command only supprot FE timing engine? Is there any equivalents db commands? Also, for clocks defined at instance terms, how can I get the clock definition term? My purpose it to get a list of the following format:

SDC_CLOCK_NAME    term_or_fterm_name

2nd, I want to make a table lookup in SOC-E db, can I get the delay value if I have the input transition and output load, then I can use SOME db command to get specific arc delay?

Many thanks!!

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by eminemshow
    • Post Points: 0
  • Thu, May 8 2008 6:59 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Bob, 2 questions about Encounter DB Reply

Hello, Great questions! Thank you for posting them. For querying the db for timing information, CTE-TCL commands are definitely the way to go. Commands like "dbIsFTermTAClkSrc" is what I call an FE-TCL command and they're clumsy to work with for timing purposes. CTE-TCL command documentation can be found in the FE Text Command Reference under the "Advanced Timing Tcl Scripting Commands". Here is an example of how you could use CTE-TCL commands to find the name and source of all the clocks defined in the design: "timeDesign" and then: encounter 9> foreach_in_collection clock [all_clocks] {Puts "[get_property $clock hierarchical_name] [get_property [get_property $clock sources] hierarchical_name] vclk1 DTMF_INST/TEST_CONTROL_INST/i_150/Y vclk2 DTMF_INST/TEST_CONTROL_INST/i_156/Y I don't know the answer to your second question straight away. I seem to recall seeing a textual display of the lookup table for a given library cell in the past, which may be helpful, but I can't find the command that produces that table right now. There's the "report_cell_instance_timing" command, but I don't think that's quite what you're looking for. Let me do some research. I'll post back if/when I find an answer for this part. If anyone else has a suggestion, please do share. Hope this helps, Bob

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by BobD
  • Fri, May 9 2008 7:11 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

Bob,
    Today, I just make a try using the FE timing engine. I compare the results of CTE & FE timer, the worst path is the same. I think the reason is that they both use SignalStorm as the delay calculator, maybe they have difference in building timing graphs. I have to admit that FE-timer has limited timing report ability. But I can use commands like 'dbForEachHeadPath, dbForEachPathTerm, dbPathRiseDelay, dbPathFallDelay' and 'dbIsTerm(FTerm)TAClkSrc' to make my 1st question solved.
    But for the 2nd one, I am waiting for your solution.
    Thanks again!Take a bow!

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by eminemshow
  • Tue, May 13 2008 8:11 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

Regarding your 2nd question... The "reportTimingLib" command is the one I was thinking of. It prints out a text report of the lookup tables for a given library cell. Though this is not a programmatic interface into the lookup tables, it may give you a path to the information you're looking for.

Hope this helps,
    Bob

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by BobD
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 08 May 2008 03:10 AM. Topic has 3 replies.