Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Controlling Width of Body Contact in Cadence Virtuoso using Modgen

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Controlling Width of Body Contact in Cadence Virtuoso using Modgen 

Last post Wed, Feb 23 2011 3:12 AM by Quek. 1 replies.
Started by studentXL 01 Feb 2011 03:50 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1191 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Feb 1 2011 3:50 AM

• studentXL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 1 2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Controlling Width of Body Contact in Cadence Virtuoso using Modgen Reply
    Hello, my Problem is pretty specific, but i do hope that someone out there is able to help me. I am using Cadence Virtuoso Layout GXL IC6.1.4. I have a few Transistors within a Modgen and now i would like to add a body contact to them. This can be done using the Modgen Editor. The Problem is, i cannot figure out how to control the width of the created body contact (more specific: the width of the Metal 1 Layer) . Does anybody know how to do that?
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Feb 23 2011 3:12 AM

• Quek
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 14 2009
    • Singapore, 00-SG
    • Posts 1,083
    • Points 16,480
    Re: Controlling Width of Body Contact in Cadence Virtuoso using Modgen Reply

Hi studentXL

This is not possible even in the latest version of IC615.72. Kindly file an enhancement request to your local Cadence support. If you try to tweak the settings in the properties form of the body contact, you will find that you can change the via type and the width but the modgen will always be rebuild using the original parameters when it is instantiated in layoutXL. So this method will not work. : )

Best regards
    Quek

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by studentXL at 01 Feb 2011 03:50 AM. Topic has 1 replies.