Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > Bob, 1 question about define RC corner, thanks!

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Bob, 1 question about define RC corner, thanks! 

Last post Thu, Apr 24 2008 9:15 PM by archive. 2 replies.
Started by archive 24 Apr 2008 09:15 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 1274 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Apr 24 2008 9:15 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    Bob, 1 question about define RC corner, thanks! Reply

Bob,

Recently, I am doing timing check. I want to do both setup and hold check at MIN MAX corners, which means to 2 checks at MAX corner, and 2 checks at MIN corner. Following is what Encounter UG said:

1. setTimingLibrary -max MAX -min MAX
    2. setOpCond worst -lib MAX
    3. (Optional) setTimingDerate -max, setTimingDerate -min
    4. Then Encounter automatically 'setAnalysisMode -single'

Then I found 1 problem, how about the defineRCCorner? Cell delay will use MAX corner to do setup & hold check according to the steps, how about wire delay? So I use 'defineRCCorner -late worst -early worst' to make sure that setup & hold check both use worst RC.
    Am I right? Is there anything else that I should pay attention to?

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by eminemshow
    • Post Points: 0
  • Tue, Apr 29 2008 6:30 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Bob, 1 question about define RC corner, thanks! Reply

Hi eminemshow,

I think you've got it right- you're correctly setting up the tool to perform single corner setup and hold checks with min and max corners as you desire.

One thing I'd mention for your consideration in the future is moving to MMMC mechanisms for configuring the tool, even if you only have a single setup and a single hold view. Why? Because performing the analysis your describe is simpler with MMMC commands- you just say "set_analysis_view -setup {max min} -hold {max min}" and then timeDesign/timeDesign -hold. The tool would take care of the rest because in MMMC mode, extraction and delay calculation information is tied to each analysis view whereas in the scenario you present the onus is more on the user to manage.

Hope this helps,
    Bob

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by BobD
  • Tue, Apr 29 2008 7:03 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Bob, 1 question about define RC corner, thanks! Reply

Posted By BobD on 4/29/2008 6:30 AM
    Hi eminemshow,

I think you've got it right- you're correctly setting up the tool to perform single corner setup and hold checks with min and max corners as you desire.

One thing I'd mention for your consideration in the future is moving to MMMC mechanisms for configuring the tool, even if you only have a single setup and a single hold view. Why? Because performing the analysis your describe is simpler with MMMC commands- you just say "set_analysis_view -setup {max min} -hold {max min}" and then timeDesign/timeDesign -hold. The tool would take care of the rest because in MMMC mode, extraction and delay calculation information is tied to each analysis view whereas in the scenario you present the onus is more on the user to manage.

Hope this helps,
    Bob

Thanks! Bob!

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by eminemshow
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 24 Apr 2008 09:15 PM. Topic has 2 replies.