Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Component Browser can't display symbol

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Component Browser can't display symbol 

Last post Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:24 PM by djhutchi. 1 replies.
Started by jack1234 18 Jan 2011 01:31 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 910 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Jan 18 2011 1:31 PM

• jack1234
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 18 2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Component Browser can't display symbol Reply

I have a weird problem that is unique to one project in HDL Design Entry.  If I select a part in the Component Browser in the part table, the symbol does not appear in the browser window and the message "No symbol found for the part."  Yet if I double click on the part table entry, the part symbol will be added to my schematic properly even though the part symbol was not displayed in the browser.  So the problem is only with the browser, not with the library or schematic.

This problem occurs only for certain parts in the library and only occurs with one project.  Other projects have no similar problems with the component browser.  So it must have something to do with setup and configuration of this project  but I can't find anything obviously wrong.  It only affects the component browser.  In fact I can add the same part on the command line just fine.

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Apr 16 2013 12:24 PM

• djhutchi
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 14 2008
    • Hillsboro, OR
    • Posts 70
    • Points 870
    Re: Component Browser can't display symbol Reply

I have 1 librarian at a remote site that is seeing the same issue today, only on an inductor symbol, while the other discrete components ( cap, ferrite & res ) all work correctly...

Does anyone know of any debugging capablity or logging to help identify the source of these types of problems?

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by jack1234 at 18 Jan 2011 01:31 PM. Topic has 1 replies.