Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > problem in pll noise-aware simulation

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

problem in pll noise-aware simulation  

Last post Fri, Sep 10 2010 3:11 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by Neal Hu 09 Sep 2010 09:20 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1411 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:20 PM

• Neal Hu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 27 2010
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    problem in pll noise-aware simulation Reply

Dear all

A problem occured when I ran tran analysis in pll test bench,  it displayed

" ERROR(SPECTRE-16525) :Fatal error found in protected block during tran analysis

ERROR: Input period data in 'period.txt' is than 16 lines It is not enough for evaluate PSD"

can someone help me solve this error?

Thanks

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Sep 10 2010 3:11 AM

Re: problem in pll noise-aware simulation Reply

Neal,

The Fatal error in a protected block means that there was some fatal error in some part of the netlist/models which has been encrypted. Now this may be in the PFD/CP model which is produced by the PLL noise aware flow, because that's protected - or it may be elsewhere in your design models.

The second error is a consequence of the first - not enough data was produced for it to compute the power spectral density plots.

I found one similar problem in our databases, but it was not clear what the solution was - the problem went away, but I couldn't find a record of how it was solved. Anyway, what I'd suggest you do is:

1. Try installing the latest (MMSIM72) Hotfix and seeing if the problem goes away. You may need to re-characterize the blocks in case there's a fix in the model produced.
    2. If that doesn't work, contact Cadence Customer Support at http://support.cadence.com - because it will need detailed investigation with your data. Errors in protected (encrypted) code are necessarily imprecise because otherwise the errors could be used to find information about what's in the encrypted code.

Best Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Neal Hu at 09 Sep 2010 09:20 PM. Topic has 1 replies.