Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > Checking Connectivity

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Checking Connectivity 

Last post Mon, Aug 23 2010 10:18 PM by skillUser. 1 replies.
Started by Art254 23 Aug 2010 08:48 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1141 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Aug 23 2010 8:48 AM

• Art254
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 15 2008
    • Posts 12
    • Points 180
    Checking Connectivity Reply
    Hi Everyone, I have a layout that has lots of cells put together. Between the cells they are connected through metals. For example, cell 1's metal2 is connected with cell2's metal2, and cell2 is connected with cell3 through metal7; within cell2 metal2 is connected to metal7. How do I ask Cadence to show that cell1 is connected to cell3? Thanks. Art
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Aug 23 2010 10:18 PM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,567
    • Points 15,575
    Re: Checking Connectivity Reply

Hi Art,

You have not really supplied many details, but one way to show or follow connectivity is through the "Mark Net" utility [Connectivity -> Nets -> Mark, if using IC61x].  Then if you click on a shape on metal2 it will propagate that connection up and down through the vias (provided that the technology file is set up correctly), highlighting the shapes as it goes.  This feature is present in both IC5141 and IC61x, but there are differences.

If you are using VLS-XL [IC61x] (or Virtuoso Layout XL a.k.a. "VXL" from IC5141) then you can also use the probe feature (Connectivity -> XL Probe if using IC61x) which will allow you to cross probe between the schematic and the layout for the design.

Hopefully this begins to answer the beginnings of the question asked (i.e. not all information is present, so it's the best I can do).

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Art254 at 23 Aug 2010 08:48 AM. Topic has 1 replies.