Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > Need: View/Change Design Variables in an easier way

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Need: View/Change Design Variables in an easier way 

Last post Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:59 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by Art254 29 Jul 2010 07:49 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 1860 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jul 29 2010 7:49 AM

• Art254
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 15 2008
    • Posts 12
    • Points 180
    Need: View/Change Design Variables in an easier way Reply
    Hi Everyone, I posted this question in Academic area, nobody replied, hopefully somebody here would know and give a hand. I have a design that has many variables, about 50, and I wonder besides using the "Editing Design Variables" window in Analog Design Environment, is there another way to view/change the variables so I do not need to scroll the tiny variable window up/down frequently? Another problem with the "Editing Design Variables" window is that if the variable name is long, it cannot show the full name. My feeling is that there should be another way. Please let me know if you know how. Greatly appreciated :) Art254
    • Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jul 29 2010 8:58 AM

Re: Need: View/Change Design Variables in an easier way Reply

Can you move to use the IC614 release (you didn't say which version you're using)? In IC614, you can stretch the size of the ADE window, change the column widths, and reorder the variables (either manually by dragging or by sorting).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:53 AM

• Art254
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 15 2008
    • Posts 12
    • Points 180
    Hi Andrew, That sounds wonderful! However, I am limited to IC5.10.41.500.6.134, we have IC6, but not for current project. So since there is that upgrade from IC5 to IC6, there is no way to manipulate design variables in IC5. Thanks a lot! Art
  • Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:59 AM

One possible workaround (bit of a hack) would be to create a file with spectre parameters statements in (assuming you're running spectre). Copy the parameters statements into this file from the input.scs file, and then add a line:

myOptions options redefinedparams=ignore

and then reference this file from the Setup->Model Libraries.

This means that the definitions in the file will win over those in ADE, because the model libraries are included after those in ADE. 

If you're going to do this though, make sure you edit the file by using the edit capability in the Setup->Model Libraries form, as then ADE knows the file has changed. Also, don't change the variables in ADE, because they may then get passed to spectre and override those in the file - it depends on whether it has to restart the simulator or not. To ensure yourself against that, you could use envSetVal("spectre.envOpts" "controlMode" 'string "batch") before starting ADE.

But it's all a bit of a hack...

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Art254 at 29 Jul 2010 07:49 AM. Topic has 3 replies.