Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Desabling form window resizing

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Desabling form window resizing 

Last post Fri, Aug 13 2010 5:42 AM by Andrew Beckett. 5 replies.
Started by LeJonT 28 Jun 2010 10:02 PM. Topic has 5 replies and 2274 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jun 28 2010 10:02 PM

• LeJonT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 1 2010
    • Chengannur, Kerala
    • Posts 31
    • Points 485
    Desabling form window resizing Reply

Hi,

Is there a way to disable window resize?
    I have created the window using the attached code..

hiOpenWindow(
        ?bBox list( 0:30 820:710 )
        ?type "form"
        ?menus list( hiCreatePulldownMenu( 'fileMenu "File"
                     list( hiCreateMenuItem( ?name 'exitTool ?itemText "Exit" ?callback "hiCloseWindow( WindowOne )" ) ) )
               )
        ?scroll nil
        ?form formCreate
      )

As you can see, I have calculated the size of the form and set as the bBox of the window. Is there any easy way to do this; means the window automatically set to the exact size of the form loaded in it? and get placed at the top-left corner of the window?

Thanks and Regards,
    Leo

Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Aug 12 2010 2:26 PM

• markbeck
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 30 2011
    • Beaverton, OR
    • Posts 45
    • Points 1,355
    Re: Desabling form window resizing Reply

What sort of form are you trying to fit the window to?

Most forms require a size when you create them, and in those cases you already know the size of the form.

If you're trying to fit a text field, have you tried the hiGetTextFieldFit() function?

• Thu, Aug 12 2010 9:26 PM

• LeJonT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Chengannur, Kerala
    • Posts 31
    • Points 485

Hi,

markbe:

What sort of form are you trying to fit the window to?
    Most forms require a size when you create them, and in those cases you already know the size of the form.
    If you're trying to fit a text field, have you tried the hiGetTextFieldFit() function?

The form is created using hiCreateAppForm() function. It does require a size while creation and the window is auotmatically getting fit to that.

But, once the window is created, one should not be able to resize the window size using mouse by dragging at the sides. Is there a way to achieve this? I'm unable to find any properties related to the window/form to achieve this.

Filed under:
  • Fri, Aug 13 2010 5:25 AM

You can use the ?minSize and ?maxSize arguments with hiCreateAppForm() to do this, but only if you then use hiDisplayForm() to display the form rather than using hiCreateWindow() to do it. I don't think it's possible when using hiCreateWindow.

If using ?minSize and ?maxSize, you'd set both to the same dimensions, and then the resulting form is not resizable.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Fri, Aug 13 2010 5:35 AM

• LeJonT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Chengannur, Kerala
    • Posts 31
    • Points 485

Hi,

Andrew Beckett:

You can use the ?minSize and ?maxSize arguments with hiCreateAppForm() to do this, but only if you then use hiDisplayForm() to display the form rather than using hiCreateWindow() to do it. I don't think it's possible when using hiCreateWindow.

If using ?minSize and ?maxSize, you'd set both to the same dimensions, and then the resulting form is not resizable.

Regards,

Andrew.

In that case let me ask it this way; is there any way to resize the fields inside the window to match the window size; like in the Library Manager window in CIW? ; so that the scroll won't come..

Filed under:
  • Fri, Aug 13 2010 5:42 AM

Use the ?attachmentList argument to hiCreateAppForm. This allows you to give information about where each edge of each field is attached to in order to make the forms stretchable.

I just tried this with a form created with hiOpenWindow (I virtually never do that; I nearly always use hiDisplayForm), and it worked there too.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by LeJonT at 28 Jun 2010 10:02 PM. Topic has 5 replies.