Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Using Custom SKILL functions with Monte Carlo in ADE and OCEAN

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Using Custom SKILL functions with Monte Carlo in ADE and OCEAN 

Last post Mon, Sep 13 2010 10:10 AM by MohEllayali. 5 replies.
Started by gwong 21 May 2010 02:45 PM. Topic has 5 replies and 2221 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, May 21 2010 2:45 PM

• gwong
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 23 2010
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135
    Using Custom SKILL functions with Monte Carlo in ADE and OCEAN Reply

The workaround (#1) provided below did not work for me.

http://support.cadence.com/wps/myportal/cos/COSHome/viewsolution/!ut/p/c5/dY1BcoIwAEXPwgGYBIQkLBNASDOCUoqQDZNSS5FKKDI6eHrxAH1_-ebPAxKsG9Sta9Xc6UH9ghJIVFt25FvCgV7qJwRyghKRFSFcAcfXA9XwHygEFZD45W3bItCLtjmD3Bf8jeCNDQUCxaCny1rKQRk3GgeatgENDhwfCx7TgJlpGrnk_VzxyPl2lOU2sUBLZkq8aTSb5zwhZPKnSt6aqxNaoi8h07s7X9QoP354NTNx3o3u196sHzO2_5a7d0Ju22W06Ct1zUqH7e0w_jwYBkhifTmBsR8eW0KNJ4fccUU!/dl3/d3/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

Here's my error message

ERROR (APS-8003): subckts: Error evaluating ocean expression `txpp_Q0=dataJitter(clip((VT("/I0/ICORE_Q0CP") -     VT("/I0/ICORE_Q0CN")) 1e-08 1.5e-08) (1 / 1.25e+10) 0)'.

Unsuccessfully evaluated export statements (based on return code).

Analysis `mc1' was terminated prematurely due to an error.

It works if I enter the expression in the CIW window.

I also tried using OCEAN by loading the SKILL routine in the monteCarlo.ocn script.  I get the error message too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Gary

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Jun 1 2010 10:44 PM

Re: Using Custom SKILL functions with Monte Carlo in ADE and OCEAN Reply

Hi Gary,

I see this is being dealt with via SR  42066046. I've checked, and the workaround in the solution mentioned above does work - but best followed up via the SR (I've been talking with the AEs dealing with it).

Loading the code in the monteCarlo.ocn script won't work, because the key thing is that spectre starts an "artil" process to do the calculations, and the artil process needs to have any custom code loaded.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, Jun 2 2010 8:31 AM

• gwong
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for responding to my post.  I will work with the AE in resolving the problem.

It sounds like if I want to run OCEAN, I must use the 2nd workaround stated in the link. 

Regards,

Gary 

• Wed, Jun 2 2010 8:38 AM

Hi Gary,

No, because I got your testcase working using the first workaround. Both approaches are perfectly valid. I believe the AE will have contacted  you by now to clarify this.

In fact that solution was written by me!

Andrew.

• Post Points: 35
  • Wed, Jun 2 2010 8:56 AM

• gwong
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135

Hi Andrew,

Yes, the AE contacted me and I was able to run it successfully using the gui & OCEAN.  I misinterpreted what was required for OCEAN.

Regards,

Gary 

• Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Sep 13 2010 10:10 AM

Hi Andrew, I was reading the solution, but was enable to understand it !! sorry if you can just clarify for me that point: in the first workaround , you gave a unless statement which loads the required code, between curly brace, so what should we do with this {unless ..} put it in a montecarlo expression like monteExpr("dummy_expression" "{unless(...)}") am i right ?? and in the corpus of the jitter.il we should just put our function ;;::: procedure( jitter() ;;;some code ) many thanks
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by gwong at 21 May 2010 02:45 PM. Topic has 5 replies.