Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Running Monte Carlo from Ocean Script

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Running Monte Carlo from Ocean Script 

Last post Tue, Feb 9 2010 2:44 AM by kumarp. 2 replies.
Started by kumarp 06 Feb 2010 06:44 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 1693 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, Feb 6 2010 6:44 AM

• kumarp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 6 2010
    • Posts 8
    • Points 80
    Running Monte Carlo from Ocean Script Reply

Hi,

I generated a ocean script for montecarlo simulation of my circuit. However I would like to know how i can seperate the individual runs so that i could process the data in ocean and store the desired result before it starts the next run.

I have used ocean scripting in the past to sweep voltage/temp variables. For each condition (voltage/temp/process corner combination), i perform my desired analysis (tran/AC etc) and process the results and store the final required data (SNR/Gain etc for example) in an output file. Since i used FOR loop, each of the voltage/temp combination is like a seperate run and i could process the result, before its over written again.

But with montecarlo, i would like to know how i could call the individual simulations results in ocean, so that i could process the parameter for each run. Please let me know if i need to clarify my question further.

Thanks,

Kumar

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Feb 8 2010 1:26 PM

Re: Running Monte Carlo from Ocean Script Reply

Hi Kumar,

If you call a function in your monteExpr() in the OCEAN script, it is called for each point in the monte carlo, as the monte carlo runs. So I think that's what you want?

You may also find this solution useful.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Feb 9 2010 2:44 AM

• kumarp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 6 2010
    • Posts 8
    • Points 80
    Re: Running Monte Carlo from Ocean Script Reply
    Hi Andrew,
    That is something very close to what i was looking for. I also looked at the solution link that you provided. I will check that out and get back to you if i have any other questions.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Regards,
    Kumar
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by kumarp at 06 Feb 2010 06:44 AM. Topic has 2 replies.