Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > How to save given test state to an ocean script using Skill

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to save given test state to an ocean script using Skill 

Last post Sat, Feb 6 2010 12:37 PM by gharyie05. 7 replies.
Started by VenuA 30 Jan 2010 01:26 AM. Topic has 7 replies and 2904 views
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, Jan 30 2010 1:26 AM

• VenuA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 30 2010
    • richardson, TX
    • Posts 7
    • Points 110
    How to save given test state to an ocean script using Skill Reply

I am looking for ways to automatically save the ocean script for a test state saved on a Cell in a given Library. I know how to do manually from ADE window, I am looking for a function or a reference code that does this. Please let me know if you are not clear on what I am asking for.

Thanks
    Venu A

• Post Points: 35
  • Mon, Feb 1 2010 8:18 PM

Re: How to save given test state to an ocean script using Skill Reply

You can use asiOpenOceanScript/asiWriteOceanScript/asiCloseOceanScript, but this requires an "asi" session loaded with the state. There isn't really a way to directly go from a state to an OCEAN script without ADE being involved.

Maybe you could write a batch script which opened ADE, loaded the state, and then ran in "-nograph" mode.

Not entirely clear what precisely you're trying to do or why you're trying to do this.

Best Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 35
  • Mon, Feb 1 2010 8:35 PM

• VenuA
    • Not Ranked
    • richardson, TX
    • Posts 7
    • Points 110

First I am trying to run simulation on given cell and a saved test state w/o opening GUI (ie ADE). Second I want to grab the results of this run into some data files so I can keep log of them.

I have written a post processing script that takes a ocean script as input and outputs any value of expression to a file. For this to run in background, I would have to first save an ocean script from a given ADE state and then post process it.

Please let me know if there is a better way..

• Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Feb 1 2010 8:43 PM

• VenuA
    • Not Ranked
    • richardson, TX
    • Posts 7
    • Points 110

Andrew, Thanks for the reply. I accidentally clicked on quick reply, and it did not show up on the page immediately.

First, I would like to run simulation on a cell given a test state. Second grab the results of the run into data files for logging.

To do this, I am doing this way:  1. Save the ocean script for that state. 2. post process it to divert the output of some expressions to data files (using ocnPrint and other functions), I have written a custom script for this.

Since saving ocean script for that state is manual, I am trying to find a way to save this automatically and post process it with my custom script.

Does this make sense? or am I doing this in a complex way?

Regards

Venu

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Feb 5 2010 7:25 PM

Hi Venu,

There's not really an easy way to do this, other than the approach I suggested before.

A colleague did file a CCR recently,  738431, to request a way in OCEAN to load from a state. So if you want something similar, you would need to contact customer support and request the same thing - and a duplicate enhancement request could be filed on your behalf.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Fri, Feb 5 2010 8:43 PM

• VenuA
    • Not Ranked
    • richardson, TX
    • Posts 7
    • Points 110

Thanks. I will contact the customer service with the case number 738431 and add a duplicate enhancement request.

But here is another question on the same. I browsed all the files under the each state directory/cell view. I found a oceanscript.state file for each state, and I am thinking I can use this to post process and run in nograph/ or give to ocean as an input. What do you say on this? Does this file contain everything that state has saved last time?

if you can answer me on this, i can proceed in building my application.

Regards,

Venu Allipuram

• Fri, Feb 5 2010 9:00 PM

Hi Venu,

No, that won't do it.

In fact I'm not even sure what you mean - there are a bunch of files in a state directory or cellView, but the format is internal and you should not depend upon it not changing.

Yes, it contains the state data in all the files within the state directory or cellView, but it's not an OCEAN script.

It is also possible to create "OCEAN Script" measures in ADE XL, but again, I don't think that will help you.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Sat, Feb 6 2010 12:37 PM

• gharyie05
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 4 2010
    • <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?><string>Los Angeles, CA</string>
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

oh,this is great, its good that it will be more easy to do...

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by VenuA at 30 Jan 2010 01:26 AM. Topic has 7 replies.